• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does anyone know?

Debra

I was at a party and someone told me about a book that was about a princess. She was locked up for her life. I believe it was because she fell in love with the wrong man. My memory has faded so I am not sure if that was why she was kept to her room. I remember she had little contact with the outside world. The book is non-fiction and if anyone could help that would be much appreciated. I have tried to search on the internet and bookstores and no one knows. My e-mail address is Whimzical1@hotmail.com.

Thank you, Debra

If it is nonfiction you're talking about, it could be any one of a number of instances. For political reasons, Mary Queen of Scots, Elizabeth I, and various wives of kings, including Henry VIII were locked up for periods of time, and that's only in England. I'm certain there were similar instances throughout Europe. The reason may occassionally be given as falling in love with the wrong man, but guaranteed, there is a political motive behind that.

Have to narrow it down a lot more. . .

Could it be

Princess:A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia by Jean Sasson

The only thing is its her friend who gets walled up inside one of the rooms of the house for having an affair or something like that.
Not sure, but the book is really good anyway.

Back