• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does anyone want to keep me company?

Prairie_Girl

So let me tell you a story. Last weekend I speant two hours working on my Professional Development Planner. Which is something that I was scheduled to review w/ my team leader tomorrow. It focused quite extensively on getting full time hours, and being what we call a 9 rating. Well. I got a promotion on Tuesday that gave me the full time (yay, after four months, not bad!) and I just found out I'm currently a 9 rating. Ok, fine. That requires some adjustment, which is fine. So, I sat down tonight at 11 to do it. I saved it at one o'clock, went to attach it in an email to myself at work. And.... IT. IS. GONE. To top it off, the kids upstairs and across the hall (so basically as far as you can get from where my computer is right now and still be in the building) are having a party and they're rather loud. So basically, Im up for the next hour or so to redue this thing, and could use some company. Anyone out there?
OH! And I have to get up early enough tomorrow to make brownies for a potluck that we're having at work on Saturday because I somehow ended up being point person for that. I'm doing some extra organizing for the Sales Champ AND I start full time on Monday with only Sunday off. so I'm a LITTLE stressed out.

Prairie_Girl said:
So let me tell you a story. Last weekend I speant two hours working on my Professional Development Planner. Which is something that I was scheduled to review w/ my team leader tomorrow. It focused quite extensively on getting full time hours, and being what we call a 9 rating. Well. I got a promotion on Tuesday that gave me the full time (yay, after four months, not bad!) and I just found out I'm currently a 9 rating. Ok, fine. That requires some adjustment, which is fine. So, I sat down tonight at 11 to do it. I saved it at one o'clock, went to attach it in an email to myself at work. And.... IT. IS. GONE. To top it off, the kids upstairs and across the hall (so basically as far as you can get from where my computer is right now and still be in the building) are having a party and they're rather loud. So basically, Im up for the next hour or so to redue this thing, and could use some company. Anyone out there?
OH! And I have to get up early enough tomorrow to make brownies for a potluck that we're having at work on Saturday because I somehow ended up being point person for that. I'm doing some extra organizing for the Sales Champ AND I start full time on Monday with only Sunday off. so I'm a LITTLE stressed out.

Wow, the first half of this sounds like something out of Brave New World. Altogether, an Aldous Huxley potlatch. Sorry about your file. :(

So when you need to focus on redoing that file, you get on here and look for distractions... uhhhhhm, yeah... not to sound impertinent, but that doesn't sound incredibly productive to me. Why?

Because it was 2 am, and I was pissed off. Maybe becuase I needed to vent a little bit? If my procrastinating somehow affected you, I'm sorry.

Allyson, you come across as a hard working, consciencious person so well done on getting your promotion to full time hours. what kind of work is it?

Sorry about your file, it's happened to me before and its a pisser.

quite right to come on here and vent, thats what we're here for. :)

Prairie_Girl said:
Because it was 2 am, and I was pissed off. Maybe becuase I needed to vent a little bit? If my procrastinating somehow affected you, I'm sorry.
Nono, not at all, and it wasn't meant as anything snide. I was just puzzled... and perhaps a tad amused that you'd get on here when something that sounded like it was rather important for you was needing to be done.

Mind you, I do such things myself - catch myself browsing fora instead of writing that paper or whatever it might be, but I don't post about it like that... perhaps because I'm too proud to admit that I'm skipping out of work I should be doing lol

RobertFKennedy said:
Allyson, you come across as a hard working, consciencious person so well done on getting your promotion to full time hours. what kind of work is it?

Sorry about your file, it's happened to me before and its a pisser.

quite right to come on here and vent, thats what we're here for. :)

I'm a personal banker for a major canadian bank. I love my work.

Nono, not at all, and it wasn't meant as anything snide. I was just puzzled... and perhaps a tad amused that you'd get on here when something that sounded like it was rather important for you was needing to be done.

Mind you, I do such things myself - catch myself browsing fora instead of writing that paper or whatever it might be, but I don't post about it like that... perhaps because I'm too proud to admit that I'm skipping out of work I should be doing lol

hahahaha. sorry, I read that this morning while I was still finishing it. I thought you were giving me hell! The fact was, I tried to go back in and redo it right away, and I almost put my foot through the screen.

Alls well that ends well though, I got it done, and my Team Leader was very impressed. I'm quite happy about this. It was the first time I was putting my career goals w/in the bank on paper, and to have the validation from the person who would be responsible for me taking the first step (which would be as an assisstant team lead for my CURRENT team leader) is a big big big deal.

I've done the self-same thing before, PG!! Sometimes you need to vent and scream and want someone to say, "It's okay! Just take 10 mins and catch your breath and then deal with it". I get it :)

I hope you got your paper in and your brownies came out delicious!

The brownies were indeed delicious. They're fudgey cream cheese swirl choclate brownies, and I"ve already eaten two. And now my sugars are sky hi, and I'm eating protein and complex carbs to level me off so I can freaking sleep.

Prairie_Girl said:
The brownies were indeed delicious. They're fudgey cream cheese swirl choclate brownies, and I"ve already eaten two. And now my sugars are sky hi, and I'm eating protein and complex carbs to level me off so I can freaking sleep.
Oh shush! ARGH! Now I want brownies tooooo and I don't have any *sniffle* :(

Ahem I'm glad to hear you got it done - and done well too :)

Back