• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does Sex Sell?

Doug Johnson said:
I don't know. Do you know any women who wear higher heels when they go to a club and lower heels at work?
Yes, I'm sure lots of women do that. But again, that kind of behavior is considered socially appropriate.

Kook is probably right, I have to admit - it's probably a mix of both reasons. Personally I only wear heels because it's a social convention, and not for any aesthetic reason. But that's me.

I never wear heels. I find them both uncomfortable and degrading. But that's just me personally. :eek: :D

I would have to say that yes, sex does sell. After all, watching TV you either want to feel/look sexy or have someone feel/look sexy for you. Seeing a beautiful woman drinking a certain beer has (obviously) more appeal than an ugly person drinking the same beer. The tactic is to get you the buy the beer because either you want to be that beautiful person with men fawning over you, or be with that beautiful person, and the beer will (apparently) attract them to you. Same with everything else out there, pretty much. The same ad can be used to target both genders.

Back