• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Donating books

Robinson Crusoe

The question came up in another thread about 'Donating Books". Any one wish to have a say? "Book Crossing" was one suggestion. I'll talk about my donations after a few other postings.---Walter---

Libraries are always an easy suggestion, but I'm not sure that they find the best use that way, it depends on how the library handles them. I think they might have a better chance to be read at a senior center or something like that.

As Robinson Crusoe mentioned, http://www.bookcrossing.com/home is a great place to donate books, as well as share them with people and find the books you want and make exchanges.
BookCrossing isn't a place to donate the books exactly. It'a where you could register a book, and then 'release' it and see who picks it up and journals it next, where it will travel. I love it there, besides finding a place for all those books that I don't want and someone else may like. :)
You could check out my page there - same id, nelka35 - to see an exampe.
I found this forum thru Bookcrossing, too. :)

I save mine up for a while and then take them to the local Oxfam bookshop....good opportunity to stock up again as well whilst I'm there.

Our local one closed down just before Christmas and is due to open again in LARGER premises this month......this means MORE books!!! YAY!

Public libraries are always grateful for donations BUT!! Only if they're in good condition and fairly up to date (especially non fiction). Donated books to my library are always used - either by adding them to stock or selling them.
Mind you, having said that, I'm never too thrilled when people come in with bagfuls of musty, ancient crud that I then have to sort out!
Libraries need all the help they can get these days, so before you chuck out think of us!

Back