• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Doppelganger lit.

Tiffany

I'm starting to work on a term paper for a psychoanalytic theory course, and my topic is the doppelganger/double/monstrous "I" in literature. I'm trying to read as many pieces as I can on the subject and so far I've got "William Wilson" (Poe), The Stepford Wives, Fight Club, some Borges, Calvino's "The Cloven Viscount", and, of course, [...] Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Can anyone reccomend anything else? I'm looking for non-genre type stuff...
Thanks.

Its been argued (logically speaking) that in Lolita Humbert Humbert and Clare Quilty would fit that profile.

Actually the first thing I thought of was The Incredible Hulk. Yeah a lot of it is just about the Hulk smashing things and fighting but I also liked the struggle for control between Hulk and Banner, or the Grey Hulk. I liked how the real root of the problem wasn't the gamma bomb accident but that it was a multiple personality disorder.

Back