• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Douglas Kennedy: The Pursuit Of Happiness

magemanda

I was wondering who else has read 'The Pursuit of Happiness' by Douglas Kennedy?

IMO, this was a stunning and melancholic book and one that I would highly recommend, but I also sense other people could be less enamoured of it.

What are other people's opinions?

*makes a face*.

What was the point of that post? I wanted to hear the opinions of people who had read it, not have a list of people who hadn't.......

Methinks that was just an effort to get a post count higher, and that sort of stuff bores me.

magemanda said:
*makes a face*.

What was the point of that post? I wanted to hear the opinions of people who had read it, not have a list of people who hadn't.......

Methinks that was just an effort to get a post count higher, and that sort of stuff bores me.

Was there any greater purpose in your post criticizing her? Mine is as well for that matter, but I'm sure Rainbow meant no harm.

A fair point, True, but I was looking for opinions and thought someone had written something interesting and was then disappointed when all it mentioned was the fact someone hadn't read it. Pointless. Unnecessary.

I'm sure she meant no harm by it, but I've seen this sort of thing a couple of times - people just saying that they've not read a book. It doesn't help generate any discussion at all.

magemanda said:
*makes a face*.

I'm sorry :(

Awww, I'm sorry too Rainbow. Besides, you inadvertently created discussion in the thread - even if it wasn't on topic...

Hiya, just found this topic thanks to the lovely 'search' option, and I have to agree with Magemanda that it really is a good book. I picked up on it from a review somewhere so decided to give it a go, at first I thought it looked more like a book my Nan would enjoy (no offence Nan, I love ya) but I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind reading more of Kennedy's stuff.

Back