• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dreamcatcher

RainbowGurl

This Stephen King film, so sick, weird and scary.

I liked this movie, but its something I wouldn't want to keep watching over and over because it is a bit too scary and sick for me.

What did everyone else think of this Stephen King movie? Which would you say is the best Stephen King movie you have seen?

Martin said:
The film an sich is ok, I guess, but that ending is just so bloody ridiculous.

Cheers

the book was a bit like that as well so can't blame the filmakers!

RainbowGurl said:
What did everyone else think of this Stephen King movie? Which would you say is the best Stephen King movie you have seen?
I thought Dreamcatcher was a very so, so (average) movie. Yeah, the ending was terrible, but as Lyra mentioned, the book's ending was just as bad.

I think the best of his stories turned to movies are The Shawshank Redemption (Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption) and Stand By Me (The Body). The Shining was also good, but deviated somewhat from the book.

Dreamcather, seemed to me, a little bit silly. About that Shinning, ermm, it was really scary. and I still wondered if it really happened in that hotel. it was interesting in wondering about that kind of thing.

who knows which his book was the series "Kingdom Hospital" adapted from? anyone? Thank you.

watercystal, Kingdom Hospital isn't adapted from any book.

See this link.

It says in part,
Kingdom Hospital is horror novelist Stephen King's adaptation of Danish director Lars Von Trier's cult miniseries The Kingdom, geared very much for an American audience.

Forgot about that one. I quite liked it. But I'm also a big Tom Hanks fan. :)

Same here. And The Green Mile was directed by Shawshank-director Frank Darabont - so that was bound to be a good film.

Cheers

The Green Mile and the Shawshank Redemption, no doubt about it!!! I just read Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, and man, was it good! The movie follows it fairly well, with some additions and alterations to make for more drama, but any way you cut it, still one of my favorite movies. I've seen many Stephen King based movies and those two are definitely stand outs.

I didn't care much for Dreamcatcher. It was ok, but not one of his best in my opinion.

I agree - Shawshank and The Green Mile are two of my favorite movies.

Watched Dreamcatcher the other day and found it to be okay, but nothing special. I had hoped for more, because I really like the beginning but found the alien thing quite silly.

Dreamcatcher is the King adaptation that I dislike the most. The beginning was okay but then it just went down hill and became extremely silly, especially the part with the general.

I've only seen parts of "The Green Mile" but they were really melodramatic and not my cup of tea.

The Stephen King adaptations I would recommend is "The Shining" (Kubrick's), Stand By Me, Pet Sematary, Apt Pupil, Dead Zone, Night Flier, Dolores Claiborne and It.

Kingdom Hospital is horror novelist Stephen King's adaptation of Danish director Lars Von Trier's cult miniseries The Kingdom, geared very much for an American audience.
See the original. It features the marvelous actor Ernst Hugo Järegård.

Could anyone who has seen it subtitled to English tell me what it says that Järegård (the Swede) calls the Danes in the ending of the first episodes? Just curious what they've translated it to.

I read the book, I thought it was great (not his best though). The movie was ridiculous. I didn't think it was like the book. Especially the ending - they screwed that up. (The book's ending was much better)

As far as Kingdom Hospital is concerned... there IS a book. It's called "The Diary of Eleanor Druse".

Anmyone else read it?

Geenh said:
As far as Kingdom Hospital is concerned... there IS a book. It's called "The Diary of Eleanor Druse".
Isn't it more or less based on the script of the American remake?

It's actually the diary of one of the characters. I read that before I saw the show itself.

Back