• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dreaming of England

bebe

kickbox
I used to live in Colchester, Essex a few years ago and I miss it so much!! :( I loved everything about London and I never wanted to leave... *sigh* I also had really good friends there too...oh well, memories. -B

p.s. for anyone living in england, how's the queen's party? ;)

Hey, that's a bit mad. I used to live in Colchester, too.

Did you know a pub over the bridge on East Street, just before the train crossing, called The Rose & Crown? Very nice pint of Broadside they served in there; my first taste of it anywhere.

As for the Queen's party, the only bit I'm interested in seeing is Ozzie Osbourne eating a bat on the palace roof.

One would be highly amused.

Tobytook

Well that is pretty crazy...but it's a small world, I guess. No, I've never seen that pub before....I was only 8 when I lived there, you see, so.... :p Anyways when I get the chance I'm going back to England, just to see it again. Oh, those quaint little English cafes and markets! I can go on and on about those. Yeah so I'm gonna leave before I make somebody puke. -B

ok, I'm jealous

I've never been outside of the U.S. except for an occasional visit to the Mexican bordertowns. My lifelong dream has been to visit the other side of the ocean. <sigh> One day. One day.

Is lego land windsor still popular? ;)

I totally remember legoland windsor and those "go bananas" places...i know this topic is getting a little tired but i'm just a kid at heart that wants to go back to those carefree days when all you did was play, eat, sleep or go to legoland :p Anyways i'm sorry that you've never been outta the u.s. like, ever (scary) dawn...if i could never leave canada i would freak out because it sucks here (literally). The doctors were on strike and cancelled all elective surgeries, the nurses also went on strike a few months ago, and then last year there was that horrible 3 month (or somewhere around there) bus driver strike (the list goes on and on) *sigh*i wish i didn't live in such a corrupt place where people are so self centered and greedy for money. It's disgusting. -B :mad:

See you on the moon, then

Originally posted by bebe
i wish i didn't live in such a corrupt place where people are so self centered and greedy for money.
Getting confused. Thought you said you don't live in the UK now. (Cheap shot, I know, but it's my target so I can shoot at it if I want.)

Oddly enough, according to a recent survey I read, a high percentage of people in the UK, when asked to choose a foreign country they'd emigrate to, selected Canada.

I've lived in parts of the USA but never went north of the border. I have to say, it really does appeal.

In terms of global society, you're also on safe ground if you're Canadian - they're just a well-liked people. A group of Californian travellers that I once met in Indonesia told me they'd been pretending to be Canadian for two months - ever since they were in south Australia! Even the Brits like them - and we don't like anyone! (I'm generalising, of course. But it's also true that, apart from in America and Japan, the Brits are as internationally unpopular as Canadians are popular.)

Tobytook

excuse me?

You must be talking about Alberta, at best. Here, in *snicker* British Columbia? NO. There's all this messy softwood lumber dispute going over here vs. the US (scary big people) and theres so many laid off lumber mill workers that have no source of income at all and have to rely on the goverment, which is in a record $3- something million deficit!!!! Boy oh boy. It's nice to be treated as *nice people* in other parts of the world, but you don't know HALF of the screwed up situation in the province I live in. -B

P.S. If you're going to give me a "well at least you don't live in a third world country" speech, save it, because...well....oh, nevermind. :p :D

P.P.S. English accents sound so cool. ;)

i agree with bebe. down with gordon campbell! (if your canadaian, youll understand. if not its really too much of a bother;) ) going to some foreign place( like, where you can get a newspaper!) would be great, but it just aint in the cards....sigh.

oh my god (again)

spaz...DO YOU LIVE IN BC?!! That is so amazing!! you're like, my little canadian neighbour!!! *nevermind * :D wow....ok, if you say you live in vancouver, then i'll just be speechless. -B

uh oh....maybe i gave away a little too much perosnal info there. well then to all the weirdos, creeps and pedophiles out there (internet hackers too)...I actaully live in....Raleigh, North Carolina, where I, uh....currently live with my crazy grandmother, owner of 87 cats and counting...so watch out or she'll throw cats at you! (with really sharp claws!! :mad: :D

will wonders never cease? im not gonna tell you where i live ( no offense, but you seem like the " stalker" type), but nobody online is EVER from bc, so yay! for that.

ok, so then...

we canadians don;t appreciate being called "hosers", like you don't like being called a man. (if you are, then sorry, that must've hurt) -B

Re: ok, so then...

i am canadian, eh.. i call myself a hozer all the time lolllllll
i tried to attach my "I'm A Hozer" sign to that post.. but apparently attchement are not allowed:(
"we" canadians don't mind being called hozers! it's allll in good fun:D :cool:

Back