• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

driving or cars

Did you or have you named a/your car?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lahondas

Do you name your car?
if so what? :p

Driving
Do you always wear your seatbelt?

Do you drive in the left lane?

Do you wash your windshield when you fill up?

Do you have condiments in your car?

When at a drive up bank window, do you pick a lane or hang back until one opens?

- Yes. Fergle. Yes I know you think it's a crap name - ask me if I care?

- Yes, I always wear my seatbelt. What kind of fool wouldn't?

- Yes, if I've worked out my left from my right correctly, I think I do drive in the left-hand lane mostly.

- No. Here we have rain. This means I'm not going to clean my car til next May (April showers...)

- No. Should I?

- I have no idea what you're talking about.

Actually the inside of my car needs cleaning - the dog got in when she was covered in mud. And I spilt a bottle of water. And there's also quite a lot of sweet wrappers. But apart from that, it's in pristine condition. Oh and a bit of the left wing-mirror seems to have mysteriously gone missing. Odd.

lol. oh BTW nice car name. hehe
last ? was just about the lanes at the bank. its no biggie though.

my car has no name.
i should wear my seatbelt more often.
yes left lane.
no i dont fill it. or wash it.
yes mustard and barbeque sauce.
last one, i hang back, i dont mind waiting for one to open.

I haven't named my car yet, but someday I will have a wicked car that looks like this:
purpledream.jpg

and name it Feminine Wiles. I know it's kind of cheezy - but show cars get cheezy names. LOL

I always wear my seatbelt
I drive in the left lane when I'm passing people
I dont wash my windshield unless I wash my whole car
No condiments in my car
I dont use bank windows

lahondas said:
Do you name your car?

Driving

When at a drive up bank window, do you pick a lane or hang back until one opens?

name: Mir (like the space station)
seatbelt: Mandatory
Left or right: The middle. I live in America!
Washing: Annually. They laugh at me at NYC carwash. Exhibit A: Dirty Car from The Country.
Condiments: Does Chapstik count?

Drive-up windows--Ooooh, I missed that one. Well, those are really foreign to me. I didn't even pump my own gas until I was already driving for 10 years. I had to ask the guy how once, nice Indian man, came out of the convenience store to show me how. I'm afraid of drive-up windows. :eek:

Freya said:
Bank windows?
i suppose its only in america, but we have banks where you can go inside or drive thru, you give a card or check or w/e and theres a teller to help you, and all you do is drive up and give info, and its simple. :p

My car's name is Oz. Its a blue green Thunderbird. I always wear seatbelt because their automatic,and I have no choice. When I buy gas for the car, I just buy gas, no cleaning windows (usually I am in a hurry). I don't keep any condiments in my car. Although right now since I'm moving, I keep boxes.

I drive in the right lane most of the time. And I actually don't use a drive in window for banking - The bank is one block away.

By the way - true story. They caught a thief who was trying to rob a bank in Baltimore. Guess he found out you cannot rob the bank through the drive through window. The tellers just stared at him and pushed the alarm.

Do you name your car? Yes
if so what? Rosalind (after Rosalind Franklin)

Driving
Do you always wear your seatbelt? YES!

Do you drive in the left lane? Typically stick to the right unless I'm passing someone.

Do you wash your windshield when you fill up? No. Typically my DH fills up my car anyway, as I rarely have time to get the gas station.

Do you have condiments in your car? I think there might be some tablesalt.

When at a drive up bank window, do you pick a lane or hang back until one opens? Park and go inside. I hate bank windows.

Do you name your car? If so what?
No

Driving
Most of the time if i'm driving, rarely as a passenger :eek:

On a motorway, the right lane :)

No

No

Don't have them in England

Do you name your car? I name it Mini, because, you know, it's a Mini.

Do you always wear your seatbelt? Yes, it saved my life, once.

Do you drive in the left lane on a motorway, or the right lane? Usually right.

Do you wash your windshield when you fill up? No.

Do you have condiments in your car? No.

When at a drive up bank window, do you pick a lane or hang back until one opens? Don't even know what that means.

Cheers

lahondas said:
Do you name your car?

Driving

I did once. I had a Monza Super Spyder, and he was "Spidey"

Good God, yes! I've had eight auto accidents in twelve years! :eek: Never once at fault, but I seem to have a target painted on me!

Illegal in Texas, but I used to in Colorado. Less truck ruts.

Always. Lots of bugs here in the hill country. Mostly big ones! :p

Condiments? Like ketchup and mustard? Uh, yeah, I think I have a couple packets of ketchup in the glove box.

Pick a lane. I HATE those people who hog the middle! :mad:

Here's one back at you:

Do you change your oil on schedule? By yourself or at a station?
Do you rotate your tires when you're supposed to?

My car is named Elphie (or Elphaba, depending on my mood), because she is green and wicked.

I always wear my seatbelt, unless I am just moving my car out of/into the driveway.

The left/fast lane is my favorite place to drive.

If my windshield is dirty, I will wash it, but it isn't a commonplace thing for me.

No I don't keep any condiments in my car, because it seems a mess to me, and I don't like messes much.

Up to a bank window, I always just pick one and wait in line. That's just how I am.

No, I have never named a car.

Yes, I always wear my seatbelt.

I drive in the right lane unless passing.

I wash my windshield when I wash my van, unless it gets really icky.

No condiments!

I pick a window. I guess drive-thru bank tellers are non-existent in Europe? That is a telling sign of America's tendency to hurry all the time.

Do you name your car?
I don't name my car. I wouldn't want to get too attached to it when it finally takes the "dirt nap." It's been really reliable (1993 Chevy S-10).

Always wear my seatbelt. I don't even have to think about it. People complain about wearing seat belts, but after wearing one for a little while, you don't even think about it anymore. It's like a haircut. It may feel weird for a day or two, but then you forget about it.

Right lane only unless I'm passing someone or I'm on the highway where the right lane is mostly for slow cars and trucks. On the interstates, I try to keep out of the right two lanes as much as possible since something like 95% of all speeding tickets are written to drivers in those lanes.

I wash my windshields when I'm driving, not when I fill up. I make sure my washer fluid reservoir is full so that I can rinse off the road grime at a moment's notice. In Washington during the rainy season (i.e., all year) the trucks kick up a lot of dirty water. Therefore, you must keep your washer fluid full. There are lots of trucks in Washington due to the Ports of Seattle and Tacoma.

No condiments in my car. I use my vehicle for commuting to and from work about 95% of the time and rarely stop at any fast food joints.

I usually just go for the shortest line and don't really care much if it moves slower than the rest. I guess I'm just patient.

Do you change your oil yourself / on schedule?
I do it myself on schedule. I hate going to the places that do it for you, especially Jiffy Lube. They always seem to want to replace some bulb, gas cap, belt, or something and charge you two to three times the cost of the part. I went about a year ago and it was the last time. They said I had a bulb that was burned out. Then they came back to say, "Nevermind, it's not burned out." Sure enough, it was burned out, but it was a bulb that's a pain to replace because you have to remove the headlight to get to it. Bastards!

Do you name your car? If so what? His name is Gizmo 'cause somtimes he is a nasty little critter.

Do you always wear your seatbelt? Yes (you have to by law!)

Do you drive in the left lane? right

Do you wash your windshield when you fill up? never

Do you have condiments in your car? No

When at a drive up bank window, do you pick a lane or hang back until one opens? I don't get it!?

I'm afraid I don't drive because I have certain disabilities (ie I'm as blind as a bat). I had a scooter once and that was pretty uncool. And I kept falling off and breaking things (one doctor told me that she'd never seen an elbow in so many small pieces before).

When I'm a passenger I always wear a seatbelt though.

And I get scared if the speed goes over 40 mph. I'm terrible on fairground roller coasters.

I don't have a car yet, I have to get the driving licence first, which I believe I'll never get, since I suck BIG time in driving. ;)

had to sell my last car to study abroad, but ah! the memories :rolleyes:

Do you name your car? If so what? my first one was called "el monchito" (it was a 1982 montecarlo) and the one before the last was called la ballena - the whale - (a 93' white taurus -sable- wagon)

Do you always wear your seatbelt? as i driver i use to since it was mandatory in my homecity, as a passanger thats up to how crazy i think the driver is

Do you drive in the left lane? usually left but thats not a rule

Do you wash your windshield when you fill up? only when i think its (too) dirty

Do you have condiments in your car? usually a lot of things can be found on my cars, but condimets are little common, i dont like food "on the go"

When at a drive up bank window, do you pick a lane or hang back until one opens? i never been in a drive up bank window, but been on similars, i usually pick a line and keep on it.

Back