• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eberron

YES! And it was some of the worse manure ever to come from a mass-market publisher. I tried to get in on the early stages of developing Eberron, so bought, read, downloaded most of the early work to prepare myself. I then waited many months for notification. Before I got any word as to the status of my material, the first novel came out (written by the designer of Eberron), and it was horrible. I knew as I tried to read that drivel that my manuscript would be rejected. It was. As a gamer, I still read/hear things about Eberron, but nothing that has made me want to waste any more time or money on the setting.

I tell a true story about that first Eberron novel.

My brother is a truck driver, and reads whatever is available while waiting for his truck to load/unload. He was at my house waiting for some certification papers to come in. He saw the Eberron novel sitting on a table and picked it up. I came home from work to find my kitchen cleaned (THE OVEN WAS CLEANED). My brother was bored, had nothing to do, so tried to read the Eberron novel. He threw it down and started to work cleaning the kitchen instead.

I read the first Eberron novel, by the setting creator Keith Baker, City of Towers, and it was absolutely terrible.

Back