• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ehat E-Book reader?

BML

What eBooks reader?

I’m considering obtaining an E-Book reader and I started by thinking that an eBook reader offering a reading page approximately half an A 4 page might suit me but then I discovered there were much larger E-readers available. I do not need an eBooks reader to use sitting on a Beach or anywhere in the open. My intention is to use it either at home where I'm able to recharge it or inside a Motor Caravan where I can re-charge it using the cigar lighter plug.

I already have a number of E-Books from Kindle and some from Kobo which I read on my computer. I started my search noting that there appeared to be an industry agreement of 6” although Kobo had an 8” reader but that changed as I looked further.

The primary use of E-Books for me is as a study use helping me cope with dyslexia. My form of dyslexia is that when I find a paragraph I want to use by the time I’ve read it and moved onto starting to type my comments I’ve forgotten what it was I wanted to say. I’m not going Ga, Ga it’s a dyslexia effect. I need to be able to copy a paragraph and paste it to the page I’m using for notes. I know that I can use a computer to do that and hope that I'm able to use an E-Book reader as well.

I have a number of Kindle and Kobo books on my computer and note that there are Kindle Readers and Kobo Readers. The thought crossed my mind that I might even be better off using a Tablet as an E-Book reader that is if a Tablet is a feasible option. Then on the Internet I saw the Onyx Boox Max Lumi 4GB/64GB 13.3" HD Fingerprint E-ink E-book Reader – Black on the Internet which looked great but it’s £628.99.
Bearing in mind my near total lack off understanding E-Book technology I’ve gone as far as I’m able to in my hunt the E-Book reader at the moment and I’ve reached the stage of asking for advice as to what looks like the best bet for me.

Back