• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Elizabeth George: A Place of Hiding

hobitten

Have any of you guys read Elizabeth George's latest crime novel, A Place of Hiding?

I finished it last week, and I must say - I find it somewhat disappointing.

Ordinarily I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth George, but somehow her latest novel did live up to my expectations. I had a difficult time, getting the plot sorted out, it did not grab my attention (it took me 3 weeks to read!!! Usually I read her books in about 3 days.)

Maybe it was because neither of her normal leading character - Inspector Lynley and Sergent Havers- did not appear in the book, except for Lynley appearing at a gallery visit and in a few phone calls.

Any thoughts?

Hobitten

It took me a while to get into it, but it got better for me towards the end. I've never read any of her books before i think, so i have nothing to compare with.

It was a difficult plot to get your head around; it took me a few days to get into it also, and i can happily read something like that in a day..

So, not bad, but not great.

Lynne

Back