• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Elizabeth Haydon

Pulbob

Has anyone read the Elizabeth Haydon series?

How is this series? Is it worth reading? The covers make it look like this could be a decent series

I just started Rhapsody, but its a lttle slow moving up to page 100 so far. Maybe its also because I just spent the last 2 months reading the entire Farseer and Tawny man trrilogys and after that, its hard to get back into anything.

I read the first 2 so far and plan on continuing. I think they are definitely a cut above average. I also read the Tears of Artamon books and enjoyed them as well.

Following in your footsteps - reading Farseer at the moment (1st time) & have Rhapsody on the shelf ready to go.

Self said:
Following in your footsteps - reading Farseer at the moment (1st time) & have Rhapsody on the shelf ready to go.

wow! its like deja vu

anyway, im almost finished with Rhapsody. Interesting book, a lot of good and interesting concepts and so far still keeps my interest and im looking forward to reading the next book.

I think the writing style is not very friendly user, as its at the speed of crawl that im reading, but mostly i think after just reading Hobbs 2 farseer trilogies, i still at a loss and want more fitz and the fool. So I havnt been into this book like I should, buts its growing on me. Its definalty no Hobb work, but it is still better than your average fantasy fare.

I've read four books from the series and I believe their is a 5th out now :D I really liked the first three, unsure about the 4th though.

Finally picked up Destiny! Haven't started it yet though. And as if my reading list isn't long enough, RUNE has me looking up new authors I've never heard of!!!

I've just finished Requiem for the Sun, and I do think that the author is still coming up with original ideas, although this novel is pretty dark in tone. When I started reading the series I did think that it was just more formulaic fantasy, but I got interested and just kept on through four books!

I think the Symphony of Ages (I think that's the series name) is exceptional. You really feel like you know the characters and you feel how different they are from the rest of the world. I also really like the depth of relationship of the three main characters once you get into the third book. Rhapsody was one of the few books that I wasn't finished thinking about after I read it. I kept going over it in my mind for weeks after I read it, I think because I liked it so much. :D

Has anyone continued with this authors series and what did you think of it? Is it worth sticking with?

I read the first trilogy of the series about two years ago. My opinion seems to be the same as the concensus; straddling the fence. There were things that I really liked about this series and things I didn't like. The world that Haydon created was quite fascinating. But at times it got overwhelming. She created some great characters, but there were annyoing things about them, like Rhapsody not knowing her beauty. Her writing tended to be too weighty at times and moved way too slow, Yet she still told a good story. There were times I just wanted to yell "Get on with it already!" Those lulls just seemed too long at times to get to the good stuff.

Overall, I would say it was good. The ending was refreshing. And the concept behind the whole thing was unique, at least to me. I agree that she is not as good as Hobb. I read Liveship Traders and started Farseer after, and I think they are much better, though Symphony of Ages has merit.

I think I may continue buying these books again when Ive nothing else to buy. I want to get them, but I dont want to put off other more eagerly awaited books to do so.

Back