• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

'ello!

Larka

Hopefully there's some good book discussions here. Are the boards very active? I've never joined a book forum, which is silly since I love books. Another board I'm fairly active in had a recent book discussion and I had so much fun taking part I figured it was time to join a book board and this is the first that popped up.

I read any sort of book, but most of my favorites have a bit of magic in them. Currently re-reading The Wheel of Time books (halfway through the first one). Started them a million years ago when I was about 14, and re-read them every time a new one came out. I stopped about, oh, 8 or so years ago and decided to wait until they were all written, because let's face it, it was getting harder and harder to re-read them with every new book. I forgot how fun the first one was; just a non-stop rip-roaring road adventure! Bad guys at every turn! Adventure! Whee!

A few others I've read in the last few months: The Diviners (Libba Bray), The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern), Under the Dome (Stephen King), some others, plus about a dozen non-fiction books for educational and self-improvement purposes.

Next on my list: The Hundred-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared (Jonas Jonasson) and possibly The Chronicles of Amber (Roger Zelazny) which I've been meaning to read for years.

Anyway... 'ello!

Hi Larka. Welcome. The Wheel of Time books are one of the series I have planned to read. I also want to read A Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin. Nowadays, the second season of TV series "Game of Thrones" has just been released in Spain. However, I prefer to read the books before watching it. I would recommend you to read The Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon. I haves just finished to read the second book, The Riddle, and I have enjoyed it ver much.

Martin's books are quite good, though a different sort of fantasy from The Wheel of Time. I like them both.

I go back and forth between preferring to read the book before watching the movie/show, and vice versa. On the one hand, I like reading the book imagining the characters and setting how I want to see it without having someone elses vision in my head. But! If I read the book first, the movie/show just can't compare. It is never as good as the book, and it's nice to watch something without constantly comparing it to something you consider superior.

I'll check out The Books of Pellinor. I've seen the first book in bookstores from time to time and thought it looked interesting.

Hi Larka, Welcome!

Unfortunately the problem with George R R Martin, is that he hasn't written the last book in the series! George, if you are listening, we kind of want to know what happens in the end!

Jordan's Wheel of Time had the same problem - no last book, but that was solved. Thank goodness.

Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber are very different, but highly recommended. If you like Alice in Wonderland 'Through the looking glass / down the rabbit hole' type stories you will enjoy it.

Back