• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ender's Game movie - Nov. 1, 2013

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
The world now has a reason to not end in two weeks!

Ever since I heard that they were making Ender's Game into a movie, I have been cursing Hollywood for undoubtedly ruining a brilliant story. Because Hollywood's gonna Hollywood.

That being said, I breathed a tiny sigh of relief when I read this article.

...Hood wants fans of the novel to know that he holds Ender’s Game, the book, in high esteem. (We already know he maintained the emotion-monitoring chip on the back of Ender’s neck.) “I am a fan,” he says, “and I have had a desire to do this and have been working on this now for nearly four years.” To that end, the director promises that the book’s dark ending (which I won’t spoil here) has remained fully in tact. “That ending — and the complex moral questions that it raises — is one of the reasons why I love the book, ” says Hood. “I promise you that it is very much there.” All together now: Phew!

Oh, and Harrison Ford as Colonel Graff. ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_smileys_buttrock.gif

aimg2.timeinc.net__ew_i_2012_12_03_fl_enders_game_810x543.jpg

I am now looking forward to this. Nov. 1, 2013.

Oh YEAH! :)

I wish that they would also get on with Brooks' Magic Kingdom...and maybe a good and proper Dragonriders mini-series (Think Game of Thrones.)

And the trailer is up!

I have been waiting 28 years for this movie. It better not suck.

This could really go either way....although it's given me an urge to go back and re-read the book, so there's that.

I hope it is good, the hubby has been waiting forever (one of his fave books) and may cry, in a very busy theater, on opening day if it stinks :)

Ok. Those trailers have given me hope that they might pull it off. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I haven't seen it, but it is showing, I think, mostly because it was directed by Gavin Hood, who is a local boy made good in Hollywood.

While our being of two minds about seeing it, it is still on the screen and may slip by without our seeing it. The trailers did not make up our mind for us.

It will most likely be something we wait to see on BluRay. I have read the entire series a few years ago, and I just <3 Harrison.

Back