• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ender's Game Movie

Fistandantilus

Next year a movie of Orson Scott Card's ingenious Sci-Fi, Ender's Game will be released. Do you think that a movie could ever compare to the book? authough it is too early to say, there will be a lot that has to be missed like Peter's animal torturing and Ender's violent fights, otherwise the age rating will be really high.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400403/

Hmm i hope they dont make a childrens movie out of it.

I have kinda lost faith in Wolfgang Petersen. His movies have gone downhill after Das Boot.

yes, I didn't think of that, it is quite likely that he will make a children's movie about it scince the main character is a child, either that or he will turn the battle school and Ender into adults, I don't know which one would be worse...

Zolipara said:
Hmm i hope they dont make a childrens movie out of it.

I have kinda lost faith in Wolfgang Petersen. His movies have gone downhill after Das Boot.
I think that's one of the issues that will prove problmatic. If they take out the brutality and violence to make it into a children's movie (G or PG rating), it will remove one of the most significant themes in the book. The same applies to turning Ender into an adult. It wouldn't work without changing the central theme significantly.

There's also the challenge of creating the battle school and games without making it into yet another big-budget special effects movie.

It'll be interesting to see what they make of it. I'm not sure they can pull it off.

I have read this book and love and this is the first time I have ever heard of a movie and I hope that it's good.

thanks i find it a cool avatar as well i would have replied sooner but i havent been on in forever

Back