• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ender's game Qs

defiant_whisper said:
nah... i'm not gonna spoil it for anyone... including you Raf... i think everyone should have to read stuff for themselves

Thanks, but im not gonna read any of Ender`s novels right now i was just curious about what happend when they reached the planet of the creators of the descolada thats all. :)

I've read most of the books several times ... I found the Shadow series entertaining and clever but not as layered and meaningful as the orginal series. As much as I love OSC, I think he doesn't know when to let go. His Alvin Maker series settled into a state of complacency where you knew things were always going to work out, and that's where Shadow went very quickly in the second and third books.

Speaker for the Dead, which for me is the where the bar was lifted highest, was foremost about the power of truth to heal and in fact no matter how painful it may be, it does indeed heal. Xenocide was very rich but again, it begins to be an exercise in storytelling with characters the author cannot seem to let go of... I wanted to say, I don't want to know what happens from here! Let's read about someone else!

I just recently finished Ender's Game and I haven't decided whether I'm going to continue with any other books by Card or not. The two most possible candidates are Ender's Shadow or Speaker of the Dead. No question really, just wondering out loud.

the original trilogy is the best..

enders shadow is very weak, in my opinion, and also revisionist to the degree that it destroys the work of the original trilogy

as for children of the mind, i know i read it but i recall nothing. this is not a good sign

Back