• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ender's game Qs

Reader901

I've read the book Ender's game, which I though was pretty good, and now I have to do a small report on it and I'm having some trouble. I have to come up with one or two paragraphs explaining how it connects to my grade lvl topic of Good VS. Evil. I was just wondering if anyone here could help me out a bit. ____ :) :)

THX

You might think about Ender and his actions. Were they good, or evil? Do you think that the fact that he didn't realize the impact of his actions (at the end) make the actions themselves good or evil? Can one's motivations be good and the action itself be evil? Is self-preservation evil? You could go a lot of ways with this.

Rafael said:
Anybody wanna chat about Enders Game and the novels that continue after it? :)

I'm game. I'll start by saying something somewhat controversial:

The new sequels are better than the old sequels. Card's writing and ideas have matured wonderfully. Ender's Shadow is incredible, the way it builds on Ender's Game is genius.

Ashlea said:
I'm game. I'll start by saying something somewhat controversial:

The new sequels are better than the old sequels. Card's writing and ideas have matured wonderfully. Ender's Shadow is incredible, the way it builds on Ender's Game is genius.

Well i only read Enders, Speaker And Xenocide and a little of Children, what ever happend to the Descolada? :)

Then you are missing out, I can strongly recommend Ender's Shadow, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Hegemon. They all occur on Earth while Ender is travelling, and deal with the other children.

I would second Ashlea's recommendation. Whilst I enjoyed The Ender Saga, the Shadow series books were faster paced and easier to read.

Ashlea said:
Then you are missing out, I can strongly recommend Ender's Shadow, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Hegemon. They all occur on Earth while Ender is travelling, and deal with the other children.

I´ll try and read enders shadow and shadow puppets, but can anybody tell me what happend after the Children of the mind whit the descolada virus?
:confused:

Been awhile since I read the original ones, so can't help you with the Descolata, sorry.

As for chronolgy, Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow happen at the same time, from different viewpoints. Ender goes on to have adventures in outer space, which means he is traveling at light speed and so is living hundreds of years later, earth time. So his books are Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. The shadow books continue on from Ender's Game/Shadow directly, Shadow of the Hegemon and Shadow Puppets. I would read them as follows:

Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets

re-read Ender's Game (optional)
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

Ashlea said:
Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets

re-read Ender's Game (optional)
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

I read the first three (as listed above) and really enjoyed them. But Ender's Game is my favorite out of them. Shows you what I know- I had no idea Xenocide and Children of the Mind even existed! :eek:

Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind are much different than the others in both theme and story. Not everyone who likes Ender's Game likes them.

If it isn't too much to ask could someone help me find a quote from Ender's Game? It's the one where I think Graff says that Ender isn't a killer he just wins, thoroughly. Or something like that. Could someone give me the chapter that that was in, I can't seem to find it.

Ashlea said:
Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind are much different than the others in both theme and story. Not everyone who likes Ender's Game likes them.

Not enough fighting. :mad:

Read Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide, and I don't know if I can even face Children of the Mind. The books are so up themselves. All the characters just stand around too afraid to do anything in case they upset each other. Card really took angst to a whole new level with these books. He even manages to make OCDs into a religion which should tell you something.

Jenem said:
I read the first three (as listed above) and really enjoyed them. But Ender's Game is my favorite out of them. Shows you what I know- I had no idea Xenocide and Children of the Mind even existed! :eek:

Ok this is how it goes.
So the correct order is.
Enders Game
Speaker of the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

Enders Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon.

Ps.But has anobody finished reading children of the mind? I never did. :(

don't forget shadow puppets... that comes after shadow of the hegemon and ender's shadow... and yes i did finish children of the mind... great books

Litany said:
Not enough fighting. :mad:

Read Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide, and I don't know if I can even face Children of the Mind. The books are so up themselves. All the characters just stand around too afraid to do anything in case they upset each other. Card really took angst to a whole new level with these books. He even manages to make OCDs into a religion which should tell you something.

Speaker And Xenocide were never about fighting, they were more about how humanity Colonizes all this different planets. Its has more of a ,humanity meets the unknown kinda theme. But if i weren`t mistaken there is a little fighting in Children. :)

defiant_whisper said:
don't forget shadow puppets... that comes after shadow of the hegemon and ender's shadow... and yes i did finish children of the mind... great books

Just between you and me Defiant, what happened to the descolada virus, you can send me an inbox, so we won`t spoil anybodies reading..lol or i can send you one? :)

Or you can use the
spoilertags
. ( [ spoiler ] insert info here [ /spoiler ] )

Cheers

Back