• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ephedra's BACK!

RitalinKid said:
Yeah, baby. I just heard on CNN HLN that a federal judge overturned the ban on ephedra.

i am confuz-ed( as my sister likes to say) i know essentially what this is, but why is it a good thing, why was it banned and well, why are we happy? what's the sitch?

wow- i wouldn't mind some of that stuff. i never bothered looking into it before, but that's a good little product!!! i can see why it would be abused. relief of allergies plus increased metabolism (weight loss).

apparently, there's a high amount of abuse. extremely high metabolism can be a strain on your heart (i think) and lead to heart attacks or stroke. i'm too lazy to look into this further, so anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I did a google on ephedra just now. So, my knowledge about ephedra is less. So, neither am I happy nor sad about the ban on ephedra being lifted.
I was wondering if its good to take pills to increase your metabolism to reduce your weight? It sounds very scary to me! You are playing with your body and it could be harmful.
The best way ofcourse is to do cardio to increase your metabolic rate and thus reduce weight.
May be taking medicines to lose weight might be common in Western contries, its definitely not common in this part of the world.

i know less than nothing about ephedra, but i do think that diet pills were a huge craze in the late 80's early 90's, and then they discovered, surprise, surprise how bad they are for you, and your heart.
i think popping a pill for any problem is a huge thing in north america. it lends to our quick fix mentality that has leaked into all aspects of our lives. we are too busy to eat right so we eat fast food crap, and pre-packaged food, and then when our weight doubles and our blood pressure sky rockets we are too busy to excercise so we look for another quick fix solution. our attempts to become more efficient are literally killing us.

Okay, sorry that I've been gone for a while. I've been busy. Work is riding me like a horse. Ephedra has been used for a LONG time in China. In the last 10 years, it's found a new home over here. You can mix about 20 mg of ephedra with 200 mg caffiene and other stimulants (yohimbine HCl, synephrine, etc.) to get a "cleaner up" while using dieting pills. If you just take a bunch of caffeine, you get jittery, but the mixture gives you less of the negative side effects. The other great thing about ephedra is that it makes you feel real friendly.

The reason I'm glad it's back is that I don't think it should've been banned in the first place. They found 150 people that died with ephedra in their system, and a few of the cases were given air time by the media. More people probably die from eating foods fried in peanut oil every year.

Back