• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eric Weiner: Geography of Bliss

I haven't read it but the description certainly looks interesting. What about it makes it one of the best books you've read this year?

I didn't realize there was a special format for the post titles but thanks for editing it. :)

Reading about Weiner's search for bliss introduced me to many places I hadn't given much thought to (bliss or not). Although the chapter titles were somewhat telling in retrospect, he didn't necessarily assign these countries to different places on a bliss-reading scale but detailed his visits there instead. This included his interactions as well as the local wisdom & sometimes the politics and, of course, how happiness/bliss were perceived. All of this was done with a great narrative which was sometimes raw, often humorous and always honest. It was a very enjoyable book to read; I hated to see it end.

Back