• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Everyones favorite types of music!??!

I mainly listen to classical. Particularly anything with rich orchestral textures - Late Beethoven onwards to the romantics. Also film scores like John Williams and Hans Zimmer.

I'm not known to stick to one specific genre. My favorite music is symphonic or power metal--bands like Nightwish, Kamelot, Therion, Edenbridge, Leaves' Eyes, and Visions of Atlantis. Since I live in the United States, thank God for iTunes, because no one sells it here. It's apparently mostly restricted to Europe. For this reason, I don't have terribly much of it, and I was only introduced to it last Christmas. :(

I have also been known to listen to J-pop, gothic music, some classical, alternative, classic rock, a little bit of country (but never anything they would play in a honky-tonk)...I'm just a very weird person. Since I am learning Spanish, I have been trying to listen to Spanish music, but I haven't found much yet.

The only thing I absolutely refuse to listen to is rap, or anything by "artists" like Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton. I like pretty, poetic lyrics. If it isn't pretty and poetic, you had better give me a good reason to listen to it. Like maybe a fun beat, or it's something like Weird Al that makes me laugh.

Back