• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Exerpt from new Stephen King novel

Stewart said:
I'm guessing the many ways don't include improving literacy levels.

HA!
I very rarely laugh out loud...shit, I'm still shaking from that one. I owe you a book, Stewart.

Wait a minute, I don’t like laughing...you owe ME a book! ;)
j

jay said:
I think King’s head is too hollow to house any darkness within…

Ooooooooooooooooohhh, you were referring to me maybe…well, my lovely panther, you know the only infectio…AFFECTION I have is pour vous.

j

jay, do you need a dictionary? Let's assume that I choose words based on their meaning.

novella said:
jay, do you need a dictionary? Let's assume that I choose words based on their meaning.

um, all my notes are on key.
My apologies for loathing smileys; but the above was only meant as a joke. "Affection" was only in bold to bounce off the word-play of "infection".

Admittedly, Groucho I ain't, but I thought that one was at least a near-miss...but why dontcha give me youh numba [please pronounce with horrible Boston accent] and we’ll try to turn each other into cell-phone-zombies.

As Chappelle says, “I’m out!”,
j

sirmyk said:
I thought Chappelle's catch phrase was "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

I’m not a Chappelle’ologist but it seems that “[insert *any* word/phrase in any language here], bitch/es” is his catch-phrase.
According to nearly every skit [that I’ve seen] and the volume on the accursed Laugh Track (a greatly insulting invention) this seems to be the case.

Oddly enough, the Mtv here started playing the show (unedited, thank you)…funny stuff.

Getting back on track: holy hell, Stephen King sucks…kiddies, try someone new, you mayyyyyyy just love it.
j

God Jay, you seem like you would be a mind numbingly boring person to be around. Try not to completely derail this thread with your bickering.

I think it's awfully nice of King to be donating money, even if he doesn't do it that often compared to how much he has written.

As for the story itself, I think it's a bit refreshing to see King tackle zombies. Since I'm a George Romero/Day of the Dead fan, I'm really looking forward to it.

Sonny673 said:
God Jay, you seem like you would be a mind numbingly boring person to be around. Try not to completely derail this thread with your bickering.
Sonny673, I think most people are smart enough to not pay any attention to his posts. At least I hope so, It would be sad if good authors are not read because of a person's self indulgent ramblings.

muggle said:
It would be sad if good authors are not read because of a person's self indulgent ramblings.

I agree.
Which is why I’m *continually* recommending, citing and even offering to buy people “good authors”.
You lot wanna support crap, keep at it, but don’t expect it to not have a lingering smell and taste.

Ignorance is *not* bliss, oh Mister Muggle.
(by the way “Muggles” was an old nickname Louis Armstrong used for marijuana. Just a little fun fact).

Bloody hell,
j

jay said:
(by the way “Muggles” was an old nickname Louis Armstrong used for marijuana. Just a little fun fact).
How about "mudblood"? Any fun facts for this word? I'm guessing "mudblood" in potter terms is equivalent to "ni99er" (sorry, this is the one word I have trouble saying and/or spelling) here in the states?

Even on my ignore list jay has managed to destroy any semblence of interest in many threads. This one included. Getting frustrating to read the board and my interest in making the effort is waning.

muggle said:
Sonny673, I think most people are smart enough to not pay any attention to his posts. At least I hope so, It would be sad if good authors are not read because of a person's self indulgent ramblings.
Oh, he doesn't. He's probably just someone who took AP courses in High School, and succeeded well in the tough college courses and just thinks he is above others. People like him really just make me chuckle at how sad he tries to come off on forums.

The funny thing is that he is tearing apart Kings grammar when most authors make mistakes like this when going through a book. Obviously it will be looked over in the next year or two before it is published and most mistakes will be corrected.

To each his own. Some like King. Some do not. Some like Harry Potter. Some do not. Some like Dickens. Some think he's boring as hell. Some like Life of Pi. Some would rather be eating pie. Luckily none of us ever have to defend what we like or don't like. It's personal.

sirmyk said:
To each his own. Some like King. Some do not. Some like Harry Potter. Some do not. Some like Dickens. Some think he's boring as hell. Some like Life of Pi. Some would rather be eating pie. Luckily none of us ever have to defend what we like or don't like. It's personal.
Obviously that is fine, but it's a bit ridiculous how nit picky he is. :rolleyes:

ions said:
Even on my ignore list jay has managed to destroy any semblence of interest in many threads. This one included. Getting frustrating to read the board and my interest in making the effort is waning.
Yes, I agree. Perhaps that is his intent. In any case he is one big P.I.A.

ions said:

My gawd, are you really *that* frightened by possibly having to defend your opinion?
By potentially reading something that you don’t agree with (but probably don’t know why) or, gawd forbid, read something you _do_ agree with?
That’s fucking fascinating…

Sonny673 said:
Oh, he doesn't. He's probably just someone who took AP courses in High School, and succeeded well in the tough college courses and just thinks he is above others. People like him really just make me chuckle at how sad he tries to come off on forums.

Ah, psychobabble 101.
You were saying something about “ridiculous”?

The funny thing is that he is tearing apart Kings grammar when most authors make mistakes like this when going through a book. Obviously it will be looked over in the next year or two before it is published and most mistakes will be corrected.

Do you honestly think he ‘published’ an excerpt without reading/having an editor(s) read it? King is *consistently*, post-editor/publishing pretty bad and sloppy.

Sonny673 said:
Obviously that is fine, but it's a bit ridiculous how nit picky he is. :rolleyes:

Where is the line in the sand? (In this case) one of the highest paid (_the_ highest paid?) writers, one crying for literary acknowledgment (see ‘changing perspectives on king’ thread) is allowed to be flat out piss-poor?

The baseline on everything _is_ dropping (as is very evident here) but one doesn’t have to sit there and smile while it does…

j

Back