• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

External Beauty vs Internal Beauty

Shrek and I met over a sandwich counter, turns out he made the bread we used for our sandwiches. He kept hanging around every day when he got off work, pretty soon we were going home together. Took us four years to decide we wanted it to be permanent. We've been together for 31 years, married for 27. We still hold hands when we walk down the street. You can see by our names that we prefer the ogre aspect of our looks and personalities.

All this time I thought Shrek was your cat :lol:

Princess F: Took a while for the penny to drop for me with your Avatar, Princess Fiona being Shrek's love interest. Duh! Watched Shrek many times with my grandson, really quite liked it. Also liked Nemo and Toy Story. Some of these are more interesting and clever than what's on telly these days.

Princess F: Took a while for the penny to drop for me with your Avatar, Princess Fiona being Shrek's love interest. Duh! Watched Shrek many times with my grandson, really quite liked it. Also liked Nemo and Toy Story. Some of these are more interesting and clever than what's on telly these days.

It's my Best Friend's fault, she called me an Ogre and I started signing things P.Fiona, poor Spousal Unit got stuck with Shrek...

Inner beauty and outer beauty go hand in hand. While the inner beauty does demand certain things in everyone [Love, compassion, genuinety etc] but outer beauty is dependant on a person's preferences. One may prefer blue eyes, others may prefer brown, one may prefer white skin, others may prefer black, [You get the point.] There is no gap between the outer and the inner aspects as it seems. Just be truthful on the 'inside' and express your preferences on the 'outside' passionately without showing hatred towards what others prefer on the 'outside'

Just be truthful on the 'inside' and express your preferences on the 'outside' passionately without showing hatred towards what others prefer on the 'outside'

Hmm, sounds good in theory but in practice I feel preferences are often expressed in quite colourful terms up to and including hatred, well maybe not hatred but certainly nausea...

Hmm, sounds good in theory but in practice I feel preferences are often expressed in quite colourful terms up to and including hatred, well maybe not hatred but certainly nausea...

Do you feel nausea when looking at some people or just a violent dislike? Not a people person? :)

Back