• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

eyeQ (speed reading program)

There are some very good (but short) videos on the subject on YouTube. Also, these books are fantastic:

aimages.barnesandnoble.com_images_40970000_40970193.JPG

aimages.barnesandnoble.com_images_7660000_7661803.jpg

I own eyeQ and it really stinks. Ooh well. The books above do not stink...they work.

I have eyeQ and it DOES work. I understand what you mean about savoring every word and all of that but with EyeQ you just with enough practice using it... do that faster. It does not feel like you really are. For me, I just read a sentence all at once... not even one word at a time anymore... just you comprehend a full sentence. Like you read a word you understand it but you read a sentence instead. Also my field of vision has definitely improved from using eyeQ. I don't feel as if I don't see the story landscape, I don't feel as if I have missed anything. The program even warns you that you will be overloading your brain initially so that you have to be patient and give your brain time to learn to process all the swarms of information flying at it. Its because reading and understanding a sentence at once is taxing and will leave you confused when you have only been reading one word at a time.
I feel like those who complained about EyeQ must've not done it correctly or something. But I don't even understand how that is possible given how simple it is, so I just can't understand how it doesn't work for them. The program aims to get you to see large blocks clearly by expanding your vision to first make it even possible... then it trains you to recognize and understand the large blocks. Its not skimming its just reading a block at once. Its like if you have a computer with many multiple processors and you are processing a word for each processor. You get all processed just it happens at the same time and essentially makes you read faster.
I hope that makes some sense because I Love - Love - Love the eyeQ program. It has brought my reading up from 280wpm to 800wpm and when I read 600wpm I feel as if I'm reading PAINFULLY slow now... like I am wasting time or something doing nothing.

I personally have used a speed reading program from the World's fastest reader, Howard Berg. I found it very helpful, and improved my speed dramatically.

Back