• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fahrenheit 451: Which book would you choose?

Fate

Reviewing the swag of books I borrowed from the library today I noticed that they were trending to a slight dystopian society literary bent; this coupled with a news article I read earlier this evening about an organised book burn, Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto being two of the book burn's targets, led me to wonder which book people would choose to memorise verbatim if they found themselves in Ray Bradbury's dystopian society of Fahrenheit 451.

So, what I would like to know is if you had to memorise a book word per word, what would it be?

I have had fun memorizing passages from Fahrenheit 451 since high school, but I think a complete text would have to be "Stranger in a Strange Land," RA Heinlein.

I've often thought about this, seeing as F451 is one of my most beloved books.

Every time I read (or re-read) Fahrenheit 451 I ask myself the same question : what book would I choose to protect ? and every time I come up with a different answer.

Books I thought of :

Nabokov's "The Real Life of Sebastian Knight"
Graham Greene " The Quiet American" .
Golding's " Lord of The Flies"
And "Fahrenheit 451" itself , I think it is worth saving :)

; this coupled with a news article I read earlier this evening about an organised book burn, Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto being two of the book burn's targets,

Fate,

Could you please post here this article you mentioned above ? ( if you still here, I know this thread ain't new )

Back