• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett

anu

I have just finished reading Fall of Giants and found it absolutely riveting. Never thought I would be able to enjoy a novel set against War so much. Though I did read War and Peace and had also liked it, but Tolstoy's philosophical monologues were quite hard to read. Whereas in here I found Ken Follett expounding upon War theories in an easily comprehensible conversational style. Easily, my best read on World War I.

I searched for threads related to Ken Follett books on BAR but it seems he is more popular for Pillars of Earth than Fall of Giants? Has anyone else read it? What's your take on the book?

I haven't read this trilogy yet but I've read a lot of Follet. I absolutely love him. Pillars of the Earth is by far my favorite book and I've read it about 10 times. If you like historical fiction and you liked FoG, you will definitely like PotE. It's a beautiful book.

A Dangerous Fortune is also amazing. It takes place in I believe 19th century England (it's been a few years since I've read it). It centers around a banking family and a banking crisis in England. Wonderful book.

I've turned a lot of people on to PotE and they've all loved it too. I definitely recommend it.

Back