• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Family Guy

jaybe

I lurve this series.:D

Anyone else? Love it or hate it - you must have seen it. Want to discuss?

Stewie is great, wonderful, handsome, brilliant, witty, clever and all the other flattering adjectives which I can't be bothered to type - not even for Stewie.

I like the episode where Peter gets thin and his face is still fat, and then he gets high and mighty when he gets invited to the hey good lookin' club.

Stewie sure has an eventful childhood. Imagine living life at that pace!

I think it's very funny – far more so than The Simpsons. I like the surreal quality of it, but I also enjoy the lack of fear the writers seem to have about crossing some boundaries (and goodness, it's tame by comparison with, say, South Park).

As for any organisation that says that's it's mission is to "promote and restore responsibility and decency to the entertainment industry", I distrust it automatically. It stinks of the same sanctimonious and censorious attitude as Mary Whitehouse and her ilk in the UK. If people don't like a programme – or don't want their children to watch it, they have this complicated little thing called the 'off' button or they can switch to another channel. The television is not a babysitting device.

Unsurprisingly, one of the PTC's complaints is that it's sometimes negative about religion. One of these days, Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah is going to start feeling son offended he might actually start doing his own complaining.

As for criticism from critics etc – well look, this is the industry that dumped Futurama.

This has to be my favorite TV show right now (next to Spongebob - don't laugh). I agree that the segues are much better than the actual plotline. I LOVE the 80's references that are thrown in at random. The "Golden Ticket" episode got the hubby hooked and he absolutely abhorrs animated programming. He now watches it rather frequently. It's just funny as hell and I love that they throw stones at pretty much everything. I can appreciate an equal opportunity offender.

This has to be my favorite TV show right now (next to Spongebob - don't laugh). I agree that the segues are much better than the actual plotline. I LOVE the 80's references that are thrown in at random. The "Golden Ticket" episode got the hubby hooked and he absolutely abhorrs animated programming. He now watches it rather frequently. It's just funny as hell and I love that they throw stones at pretty much everything. I can appreciate an equal opportunity offender.

+1 to that.

I laugh hysterically every time I see the clip of Peter signing "Rock Lobster" to Cleveland.

that was in the one where peter turned black, and he was working at the dmv in a segue. I didn't get it. DMV is department of motor vehicles, right? well I just didn't get the joke.

I lurve this series.:D

Anyone else? Love it or hate it - you must have seen it. Want to discuss?

Stewie is great, wonderful, handsome, brilliant, witty, clever and all the other flattering adjectives which I can't be bothered to type - not even for Stewie.
Family Guy makes me laugh so much it hurts - In other words: I love the show :p

This is an amazing series with a quirky, consistent sense of humor.

I saw an interview with the creator of the show who also does the voice for Brian (the dog) and was impressed with how he is so consistently funny.

I highly recommend the Family Guy movie, it's uncut and shows the characters as they really are when they aren't worried abut the FCC.

Back