• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fannie Flagg: Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe

• Thread starter Deleted member 6550
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6550

I'm halfway through this, and I have to say: I really adore it. I've, of course, seen the movie starring Kathy Bates, which I also love, and I ever-so-ignorantly had not known that it was originally based on a novel (it's quite unknown, I guess?) When I found out, I just had to go to my bookstore and pick it up.

Has anybody else read it? What do you think about it?

I didn't know it was a book either. We are a bit thick aren't we?

I loved the film, but most of all it's the name. I think about it every time I see a green tomato. Please tell us how you felt about the complete novel when you've finished.

I love this book! It's one of those that I can pick up anywhere, open to a page and just start reading. I've read it too many times to count. Her other books are good also, but this is the cream of the crop.

Great book. Of course the film doesn't go into as much detail or into the lives of the many characters in the book but the film captured the main story very well and had a happier ending.

Back