• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fantasy book help

tartan_skirt

I'm trying to remember a book I read a few years ago (2 or 3) from my school library.
It was a fantasy book. The story was about a small village that might be demolished, one of the families living there is a girl and her older sister in a small messy cottage. One of their names might have been nag or mag or something along those lines. There is also this old house which is lived in, and there is a party at it one night. A girl (she may have lived in the house) meets this strange guy and together they climb down an old well and when they get to the bottom there is a tunnel, with candles along it. The younger girl (Nag, Mag?) joins them in their tunnel adventure. At the bottom of the tunnel they come across a crack in the earth and inside there are skelentons wearing crowns and rings. Kings (founders of the village(?) or something special). Then at the end theres something about a mob coming to fight off the demolition team and in the end it isn't destroyed.

Not sure if the girl lived in the house or had just moved there with her family.

Would appriecitate any help finding this book title. It may have been something to do with walls ( :confused: ) or candles. Its driving me crazy not to remember, and I changed schools last year so can't go back to the library to check.

Back