• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fantasy book suggestions?

n04h1337

I'm looking to read a good fantasy book, one preferably about magic, summonings, knights, shining armor, ect ect.

if anyone could suggest a decent fantasy book to me, then that would be very helpful. thanks for any suggestions.

How about nipping down to the actual sci fi and fantasy forum, where a number of threads along these lines have already been posted? You should be able to find all manner of suggestions and reasons for why you should read that book.

Cheers.

there is a trilogy by lian hearn, called tales of the otori, that fits the fantasy catagory but is often shelved in fiction. it is set in a fictional japan during the time of the samurai, but has a magical element to it. it is packed with action, has a good romance that's isn't lots of heaving bosom's and throbbing what nots. i picked up the first just by chance as i look for anything about japan and then loved it and couldn't wait for the next one. the third one is still in hardcover but should be in trade soon. the first one is called "across the nightingale floor" and the second is "grass for his pillow"

And the last is "Brilliance of the Moon". I just finished the last book - this is a superb trilogy. :)

I'm looking to read a good fantasy book, one preferably about magic, summonings, knights, shining armor, ect ect.

"Pawn of Prophecy" by David Eddings
"Wit'ch Fire" by James Clemens
"The Gilded Chain" by Dave Duncan

Any of those should cover your needs!

Stephen R. Donaldson

For what you're looking for I would highly suggest either the Thomas Covenant Trilogies... or the two books of Mordant's Need. Both sets of books are by Stephen R. Donaldson. Both contain magic... summonings... and non-magic fighting (between knights of a sort although they are not called knights).

Found this new one...

Has anyone read Buried Deep Inside by Steve Mallard. Cyber Thriller series coming out. I just bought the book and it is pretty awesome. Story about his friends in a sci-fi fantasy thriller. Pretty good.

scireader

Im near the end of Gardens Of the Moon and it is a awesome book. There are lot's of mages in the book and duels between them. There are some summonings of demons also within the book. There are knights in the book as well but there not in the book much.. Its a complex and challenging read but is rewarding.

Back