• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fantasy book with wizards and warriors and stuff?

Magic and dragons -- how about Robin Hobb? She's written three trilogies set in the same world -- Farseer, Liveships, and Tawny Man. Start with Assassin's Apprentice.

If you liked LOTR, may I suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There are 12 books in all, though the 12th book is being ghost written as Jordan died after finishing the outline.

An up and coming fantasy author is Branden Mull. His Fablehaven series will become a generational classic.

Eragon is lame in my humble opinion, all stolen from LOTR and Wheel of Time.

Have the polish Witcher-Chronicles by Andrzej Sapkowski's already been translated into english?
It has been turned into the PC-Game, it's a bit like Drizzt do Urden by its humor; the typical dark-fantasy feel: dirty, muddy and cold, corrupt politicians, arrogant knights, unpaying poor customers, and a cynic, disillusioned hero...
I love it
And it has sometimes really weird dialogues, and side stories like somebody telling the story of Rumpelstiltskin, and claiming it had happened to a queen he knew...
and like the elf, whose house was burnt down in the anti-elf-pogroms, watching his house falling to ruins with a smile, and when Geralt asks him, the elf tells him he just signed an insurance against fire damage some weeks ago...

If you liked LOTR, may I suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There are 12 books in all, though the 12th book is being ghost written as Jordan died after finishing the outline.

An up and coming fantasy author is Branden Mull. His Fablehaven series will become a generational classic.

Eragon is lame in my humble opinion, all stolen from LOTR and Wheel of Time.

So what? LOTR stole from mythology, and I can't even begin to list all the comparisons or "stolen ideas" in WoT. Big deal. The story is what matters.

Mathius

Back