• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Faro - Portugal

Catalyst

Has anyone been here? i have a field trip there for 8 days at the end of Feb. Not looking forward to it :(

Well i would love to go if i was going on a holiday with my boyfriend or something but this is a field trip. Il be away from my boyfriend for a whole week. I know its sappy but i miss him even if i go home for the night and i cant text him from there and calling will cost lots. I am going with people in my class that iv only known for 4 months. I switched degrees so they all have their groups from the last 2 and a half years and i am now on my own as my flat mate and only real friend in class has left the course. I do speak to the others in the class but its a bit forced.
Also it is going to cost me lots. 250 for the flights and extra for food and other extras. Also its a working thing. Not a holiday really. Im not much of a traveller unless i have my home comforts lol. I think we'l be in a random hostel.
Also il be there on my birthday.
I do love exploring new places but not on my own or with people i dont know.
Oh and also the flight is at 6am from Glasgow and we are an edinburgh uni lol. Il need to get up early and be expected to do work on only a couple hours sleep. But thats just a selfish grumble lol. :D
I know il enjoy it i spose. If im kept busy i wont miss my boyf as much.

So has anyone been there...whats it like?

I'm sure it won't be so bad. I've always wanted to go to Portugal. Maybe you should buy an international calling card and you can use that from any land line phone and it's pre-paid so you don't have to worry about running up any charges and you can tell him each night how much fun you're having and fill him in on everything you are learning. Ireland/Scotland and Portugal are on the same time zone right? I wouldn't worry about not knowing everyone too well it is a new experience for some if not all of those people, too. They will be experiencing the same new stuff as you! Take it all in, and maybe in the end you will make new friends.

Have fun!!!:D

I've been to Faro:) We landed in Faro when we where on holiday in Monte Gordo in 2004. We just love Portugal. It's one of the best places I've been to. Friendly people, clean beaches, good food and acceptable prices.

I'm sure you will like it when you finally arrive. Looking forward to hear how it goes!

Back