• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

favorite commercial

honeydevil

Hi, i don't know if a thread like that exists already, but to be honest i don't care. So tell all the people what is your favorite commercial and then discribe it, so that the nice guys who don't live where you live can also have something from this commercial!

Here i go: m&m commercials

first picture:
woman with red coat and the red m&m stand on the top of a big staircase and the woman sings:

red...you go to my head

second picture:
woman with yellow dress is lying with the yellow m&m in a field of flowers (i think) and sings:

yellow... you sweetchocolate fellow

third picture:
woman in a green cocktail dress with a featherboa and a female green m&m sit on a couch and the woman sings:

green...such a beautyqueeeeeeen

fourth picture:
woman in orange coat slides into the picture while the orange m&m sits on a couch and says:

orange... sorry kid, nothing rhymes of orange...chocolate is better in color.

i like that commercial too. that is megan mullaley(sp?) from will and grace.

my fav is for gain and it has this rather plainish looking woman on the bed acting like a sex kitten and her hubby comes in and (he too is no brad pitt) and starts doing this hilarious strip tease. when he goes to pull off his undershirt he gets bit caught up in it as it goes over his head because the smell of gain is so nice(supposedly). he's just standing there with his hairy pot belly sticking out, sniffing his shirt. this cracks me up thinking about it. there is a similar gain commercial with a woman sniffing someone else's panties that are drying on the line and getting caught. LOL. classic.

There's this one I've seen from the internet that's supposed to be scary. There's this scene shot from the air of a stretch of road on a green hill. There's no audio, and there is just this shot of a car moving a long the lonely stretch of road. In about 5 seconds of this unexciting, silent footage, you, the viewer, would probably lean closer to the tv, or turn up the volume. Suddenly there's this thing, in some monster suit, jumps out from the corner of the screen screaming in gibberish. Supposed to be a beer ad.

This is funny for me because my wife was surfing on the PDA watching this thing next to me as I was reading. I was vaguely aware of her fiddling with the volume control and putting it near her ear. Right next to her face. Then I heard the PDA scream. She was so shocked that she looked at me - speechless. The look on her face was priceless. :D

And yes, it scared the hell out of me too, when it was my turn to see it.

ds

There was this one commercial a while back, and I have absolutley no idea what it was for, so in that aspect, it failed to do it's job.

But anyway, it was three guys biking. Two of them actually had bicycles they were on, and the third was just running in a really hilarious mime of riding an imaginary bike. He had his arms out in front of him like he was holding handlebars and his legs pumping and everything, and when they stopped, he even hit an imaginary kickstand.

It was just hysterical.

The other one that really made me laugh was for a cleaning product. This dog was drinking toilet water, and then his woman arrived home, and he ran up to her, and she was saying things like "There's my little sweetie weetie poo" when the dog ran up and licked her on the mouth. And she's all smiling and happy, then cue the line "Things aren't as clean as you think they are."

What a riot!

I'm choosing one from Oz that I recall quite vividly from a few years ago. It was an ad from Antz Pantz underwear.

A beautiful woman is reclining on a bed in her underwear, and the camera pans down to show ants crawling up her feet, legs and onto her stomach. She smiles and says in a sultry voice, "Sic 'em, Rex". An echidna gives a shriek of joy and proceeds to bury his snout in her... underwear as the woman giggles with pleasure.

10 years later they made a sequal to this ad. It's not quite as seductive and erotic as the first one, but it is still amusing as Rex pads around a spanish villa helping the ladies with their ant problem. The link to the video is on this page.

There was this jeans commercial (levis?) from about 10 years ago or something, and this couple meets in an elevator and then their whole future starts flashing (they date, get married, give birth in these jeans) while David Cassidy's "I think I love you" plays the whole time. At the end of the commercial, the elevator doors open and they walk out and leave in separate directions.

there's a commercial for one of the lotteries here and it's a spoof of the Dukes of Hazzard. It's titled The Dukes of Hazard (or something like that) and it's 2 Dukes driving around in an orange Bentley (or Rolls). they're wearing cravats and basically dressed like British royalty. the background music is a women singing the Dukes of Hazzard themesong in falsetto (like opera). in one part the Bentley drives over a pond or something. it's pretty funny

There's this Dunkin Donuts comercial, which I assume is local to New England. It has Johnny Damon and Theo Epstein in it. The premise is that Damon's hair is a wig and Epstein has found out. Epstein is extorting Damon for lattes or something to keep his mouth shut about it.

There's a commercial where a shopping cart is aiming for a Volkswagen Jetta, and out of nowhere a man jumps out and tackles the cart. Had to hurt.

The first one that comes to mind for me is the Volkswagon "Pink Moon" commercial.
I also remember one for tabasco sauce, during the Super Bowl a couple of years back. It involved a mosquito bursting into a giant fireball when it hit the bug zapper.

so i bought some gain because of the commercials and it does smell that good. i would sniff someone else's underwear on the clothesline too. advertising does work.

jenngorham said:
so i bought some gain because of the commercials and it does smell that good. i would sniff someone else's underwear on the clothesline too. advertising does work.

these are those thoughts that you should keep to yourself.... ;)

jenngorham said:
i feel that if we share then we only become closer and more tolerant as human beings.

it works for some people and for others it doesn't. do whatever you please and if you want to tell us if and what underwear you're wearing right now, do that. if somebody doesn't want to know about it, stop reading. :p

To continue the VW theme there was the one where the guy was standing next to his prospective car at the dealership waiting for his wife to show up. The salesmen comes out with another couple and the key in his hand. The waiting guy panics and licks the door to lay his claim. Hard to explain but the look on his face made the commercial!

jenngorham said:
hiya jenem!!! you have been away for awhile,it's good to see you.
i missed this earlier!! forgive me, jenn, i am never around as long as i'd like to be, but it sure is nice to know my absence is noticed :D

A few years back there was a beer commercial where a big dog wants to sit in his owners chair, so he takes the guy's beer and goes out on the patio. When the guy goes out to get the beer, the dog runs inside and shuts & locks the sliding door and gets in the chair.

I also like the Starbucks ads where the guy gets followed around by the band, and the new one where hes got a cheering section following him around. :D

lorrekarloff said:
A few years back there was a beer commercial where a big dog wants to sit in his owners chair, so he takes the guy's beer and goes out on the patio. When the guy goes out to get the beer, the dog runs inside and shuts & locks the sliding door and gets in the chair.

I also like the Starbucks ads where the guy gets followed around by the band, and the new one where hes got a cheering section following him around. :D

yeah they're kinda sweet, if you like the commercial with the dog, i'm pretty sure you'll like the one where the monkey is in a cage and then comes a guy and hold a banana in front of him and the monkey tries to grap it, but the guy moves it and then in the next sequence the monkey has the guys beer and he tries to grab it and the monkey moves it.

Back