• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite news magazine-which is the best?

SFG75

I subscribe to Newsweek currently and I do enjoy reading it when it arrives. My parents are more inclined to read Time and my grandparents preferred U.S. News and World Report. While i have found people to have dedicated loyalty to news that they watch on t.v., I have yet to find the same kind of loyalty to print news. With that being said....

which is the best news magazine out there in your opinion?

*Apologies to our overseas TBF members, it's a state-side thing...you wouldn't understand. :p :rolleyes:

I like Harpers. It's totally biased, and I love it! I'm also inclined to read Newsweek over Time, but I don't get either these days.

I'm a Newsweek junkie too. It's my favorite piece of mail on Mondays.

Back in my hs days, I read Time, but now - it's all Newsweek.

I also love Utne since it pulls from so many different sources and gives news on things that may not be in Newsweek. "The View" section is my absolute favorite!

I like to read Time, Reader's Digest, National Geographic and Cosmopolitan (a girl's mag) :)

coreegirl84 said:
I like the Economist, for a slightly British perspective. Less Americentric and pretty interesting.

I entirely agree but i feel bad at times for i know i've fallen slightly into the trap of adoring the economist for it has similar economic and social principles as my own *embarrased*, i swore i'd never become one of those people that reads what he wants to hear!

Back