• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Off the Wall Authors and their Characters

spikeyli

I love Mary Janice Davidson, she's just too funny. I adore her Undead series with Betsy the Vampire Queen. Although Davidson in the latest series tend to mix up character names and physical descriptions, but what she lacks in refinement she makes up in humor and off the wall ideas. I won't say she's the best literary author out there but I truly enjoy her books. They make great summer read.

I also like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, that's what I've read so far with this author. Once again, great humor and very entertaining. Although I do get annoyed after a while that the heroine is basically a dumb a$$ and she can't decide what to do with her love life between two hot men. Like that will really happen in real life. But I don't read the books to be in the real world;)

For plots and twists I like Dan Brown. I really liked Angels and Demon, much more than the Da Vinci Code. I recently got Deception Point so I can't wait to start on that.

For romance smut (and most of them really are smut) I like Angela Knight. But I don't buy her books, mostly because of the embarassing pictures she puts of naked men on her books. Hello, I like to read my smut in private so the librarian or the bookstore clerk can't pass judgments:D

Spikeyli,

I'm a fan of the Stephanie Plum series as well. They are great for an entertaining read when you don't feel like concentrating too hard! A friend of mine owned a used book store and he introduced me to the series years ago. I've been hooked ever since. :)

Mattyj,

since there's talk about a movie being made for Stephanie Plum, who do you think would be good actors to play the characters? Here are my personal choices.

Stephanie - Sandra Bullock or Marissa Tomei. I think Sandra Bullock is born to play this part bc of her past movie roles (hello, Miss Congeniality) but Marissa is Italian and carry off the Jersey accent more convincingly.
Morelli - I thought Viggo Mortensen would be nice but he might be too old and not Italian and flirty enough. I thought a scruffy Benjamin Pratt would do nicely.
Ranger - Vin Diesel, hands down (by the way, he's a terrible actor but god is he a hottie:D )
Grandma Mazur - Estelle Getty, no other choice
Lula - Shar Jackson, because she looks like an ex hooker in real life
Vinnie - Steve Buchemi, again, he looks like he would screw a duck in real life
Connie - a blonde Marissa Tomei

a scruffy Benjamin Pratt would do nicely.
<- This is too funny.

Spikeyli,
You might enjoy the Sookie Sackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. The first book is Dead until Dark. Sookie is a telepathic cocktail waitress who dates a vampire.

spikeyli said:
Mattyj,

since there's talk about a movie being made for Stephanie Plum, who do you think would be good actors to play the characters? Here are my personal choices.

Stephanie - Sandra Bullock or Marissa Tomei. I think Sandra Bullock is born to play this part bc of her past movie roles (hello, Miss Congeniality) but Marissa is Italian and carry off the Jersey accent more convincingly.
Morelli - I thought Viggo Mortensen would be nice but he might be too old and not Italian and flirty enough. I thought a scruffy Benjamin Pratt would do nicely.
Ranger - Vin Diesel, hands down (by the way, he's a terrible actor but god is he a hottie:D )
Grandma Mazur - Estelle Getty, no other choice
Lula - Shar Jackson, because she looks like an ex hooker in real life
Vinnie - Steve Buchemi, again, he looks like he would screw a duck in real life
Connie - a blonde Marissa Tomei

I had heard a few years ago that One For the Money was going to be a movie...darn it, I wish they'd hurry up! :) My vote is for Sandra Bullock for Stephanie- I think she'd be hilarious. For the other characters...I just don't know. I think your choices are all good..Benjamin Bratt could definitely be Joe :D ! I remember reading the Janet Evanovich forums and there was always a big discussion about who to cast.

WickedWitch said:
<- This is too funny.

Spikeyli,
You might enjoy the Sookie Sackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. The first book is Dead until Dark. Sookie is a telepathic cocktail waitress who dates a vampire.

I'll definitely check that out, it's right along my alley of fun characters. By the way, regarding books relating to vampirs, Rachel Morgan books by Kim Harrison, really really bad. I had such a hard time finishing just one. I read Every Witch Way But Dead and refuse to read another one by her. It was just plain awful.

Back