• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite T.V. Commercial

Pinecones360

yes commercials are annoying and meant to sell us something we probably do not want. however, there are those few and far between comercials that make one laugh or say "wow that was really cool." or think that was really moving. for this reason please share your favorite commercials, past and present.

mine are:
the budweiser frogs
and the new vw commercials "unpimp your auto"(makes me laugh every time)

Motokid said:
Jeep made an interesting commercial.

clicky here
wow that's interesting. wonder why you liked it?
this is one of the [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4148631406490319111&q=vw+commercial&pl=true']vw commercials[/url]

I like the bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" in the Toys 'R' Us store. What can I say? I love rabbits.

I really liked the older Quiznos commercials with the singing, dancing hamsters. Their song was really funny too:D

I too liked the revolving wall beer commercial.

Also, there was an M&Ms commercial a few years ago that had the Red and Yellow M&M characters sitting around, and eating out of bags of M&Ms. A guy walks past and says, "You can't do that. You're eating your own kind." So the M&M characters switch bags, so one is eating plain and the other is eating peanut. The guy walks away and shakes his head and says, "That's just wrong."

I remember commercials like crazy, I don't know why.

I really liked the "Wassup" commercials before everyone had worn the phrase into a near cliche. My favorite now is the one where the little girl and her mother are going to visit the father in the hospital. The doctors see a fly buzzing around the room and decide to kill it with the defribillator. Just as the girl and mom are walking into the room, the one doctor is holding the defribillator thingies in his hands and they're both looking at the dead fly on the man's chest, and one says, "Well, that killed him." The girl lets go of her balloon in shock.

Mine is the Petsmart commercial with the little dog who loves his Loofa Dog named BooBoo so much that he takes it everywhere. I like it because I have a small dog (obviously) and she has a Loofa dog that is trashed like that. We actually got her two new ones that she is going to get for Easter to replace it with.

mehastings said:
Mine is the Petsmart commercial with the little dog who loves his Loofa Dog named BooBoo so much that he takes it everywhere. I like it because I have a small dog (obviously) and she has a Loofa dog that is trashed like that. We actually got her two new ones that she is going to get for Easter to replace it with.

That's such a cute commericial!!

I'm a sucker, I know. :cool:

I like that commercial for the cell phone (can't remember which brand) where the three guys are in an office dancing really weirdly and their supervisor comes in and asks them if stuff is gettig done and they show him it is, and go back to dancing weird. Cracks me up every time!

Miss Shelf said:
I like that commercial for the cell phone (can't remember which brand) where the three guys are in an office dancing really weirdly and their supervisor comes in and asks them if stuff is gettig done and they show him it is, and go back to dancing weird. Cracks me up every time!
Nextel, is the cellular company i believe.

i have a new favorite. it's for easy mac. and it's these college kids studying. and you hear a stomach rumbling, and she finally goes you should probably fix that. and he goes yea and the camera pulls back and there's a guy sitting in a chair holding a microphone to his belly. and he hands him easy mac. pretty great but i can't find it on google.

XD. I just saw another great one yesterday. It's these two women in the one woman's yard. The woman whose yard they're in asks the other woman, "Have you seen my new neighbor?" So they peek over the fence, and the neighbor is doing yardwork, absolutely naked except for the socks on his feet (and of course, certain areas are censored). The second woman says, "Wow. Those are really white socks!"

My fav ever is the copy of the Bob Dylan video - where he holds up pages of the words to the song .

The song on the ad is The Israelites. Bob is played by a cool rasta. The words he holds up are what they sound like with bad reception - very funny interpretation.:)

The ad is for, I think Memorex tapes for clearer sound. So you won't make a fool of yourself.

Anyone remember it?

Beck's beer used to have a series of ads with the tagline, "Germans don't do [whatever]. Germans do beer."

In my favorite, a man walks out from behind a curtain onto a stage. He looks a little bewildered and is squinting terribly from the spotlight on his face. He shuffles up to the microphone and says (in a heavy German accent):

"How many Germans does it take to engineer a light bulb?"

(pause)

"None, if it was engineered properly."

(very sparse applause from the audience)

"Thanks, I be here all ze veek!"

Then another German-accented voice comes on and says: "Germans don't do comedy. Germans do beer. Beck's, the number one imported beer!" :D

Back