• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite Character

Surely the best character has to be Sam? He is the one who grows and develops the most, shows the most selfless courage, pushes his limitations the hardest (with the arguable exception of Frodo... but then Frodo is 'chosen by fate' whereas Sam is simply chosen by friendship.

The moviemakers seemed to acknowledge this with the weight they gave to his line, 'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.' Placing it up there with the classic movie quotes of all time. And Tolkien himself seems to acknowledge it by giving Sam the very last words.

Sam is the best because he's a hero against all expectations.

p.s. in the test, I come out as Boromir. Urk.

My favorite characters are probably Aragorn, Sam, Eowyn, and all the Nazgul!
I came out as Aragorn...can't complain about that.

I got Sam. I'm disappointed, but not realy sure why!

My favourite characters in the books were Faramir and Pippin. Faramir because of his relationship with his father which I think was very well developed and true to life. He still stays true to his people even though his father has given into despair, and his love for his brother is something I can relate to.

Pippin goes through an amazing journey in the books. This is a guy who is not 'chosen' like Frodo, he goes on this journey out of a feeling of friendship. You also get the feeling that he goes simply because Merry does. It is when they are separated that he starts to grow as a character, and he is truly tested.

Back