• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite Discworld Book?

Fistandantilus

This is also a very difficult choice, but which is your favourite Discworld Book? Mine would be either Nightwatch or Guards! Guards!

Discworld is one of those wildly popular series that I've never really sunk my teeth into. I have The Light Fantastic in comics trade paperback, and uhm, it didn't make me laugh. I have Mort in an Audiobook, and uhm, it didn't really make me laugh either. It did have good lines and funny scenes, but not laugh out loud funny.

I think it's just me. :eek:

I have Moving Pictures and Thief of Time stored somewhere though. :)

ds

"Witches Abroad" - the scenes with the vampire make me hysterical with laughter no matter how many times I read it.

I like the Watch ones best. In no particular order, my faves are:

Guards! Guards!
Men at Arms
Feet of Clay
Interesting Times
Mort (the first Pratchett I read - there was a sample chapter in a freebie book I got with SFX magazine. When I read the line about someone eating a meat pie with no regard for their personal safety, I was hooked. :) )

Halo said:
I like the Watch ones best.

I agree, my favourite is definitely nightwatch- I loved it, it is the funniest Discworld book I have read.

Has anyone read Jingo? I thought it was good

Small Gods or Hogfather for me. Although any of the books where Death tries to get drunk score points for me as well. Even when Death is Mort and he keeps running through the wall in Mort.

Or my favourite might be The Last Continent.

Back