• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Film and TV

RhondaGivings

:rolleyes:Had a break from books this weekend, weather was really dreary, rain, rain and some more. Happened to be flicking channels and noticed that Patriot Games was on the History Channel, have seen it several times before but it always entertains me - I like Tom Clancy and the books made into film are usually pretty good (to me anyway). I caught the end of the movie and Sean Bean makes a great villain. I liked Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan and also Harrison Ford, but Ben Affleck in the latest one didn't seem mature enough to be an analyst. Yesterday I watched an old DVD - the Odessa File - with Jon Voigt, found it entertaining. Probably won't get to watch too much else on TV for a day or so, new TV arriving today and we always have a bit of a pickle getting techie things hooked up. Our vocabulary gets a bit impolite but maybe this time all will go well. I'll let hubby go to it and I'll stay out of the line of fire. Can't get anyone to take the other TV which is the older, bulkier model but which is still under warranty - will have to take it to the electronic waste depot unless someone spots it at the end of the driveway with the "free" sign on it. Hot and humid here today, going up to 31 tomorrow with 41 humidex, air conditioner time. momac :whistling:

going up to 31 tomorrow with 41 humidex, air conditioner time.

I hope that 31 is Celcius
It was 95 degrees Fahrenheit today where I am at. I think that converts to about 35 degrees in Celcius. I love heat. ;)

Clear and Present Danger is my favorite Clancy movie.

Film & TV

HI Brk 3: Yes - I forgot the US is on Farenheit - sounds like you've got more heat than us. We have the air on already - my perfect temp is around 68-70 degrees then I'm happy. Yes, I liked Clear and Present Danger, in fact any time any of these movies turn up on the History Channel I watch them again. I also liked The Hunt for Red October. momac :)

Back