• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fireworks

_The Military might of the USA_when in the hands of idiots can effect other people..

Do I win a prize for making this painfully obvious and unfunny comment first?

Kenny Shovel said:
_The Military might of the USA_when in the hands of idiots can effect other people..

Posthumously, after you've been killed by friendly fire:D

Kenny Shovel said:

No prize. The might of the military can do many good things.

Robert said:
I might actually have some old photos from the days that I dressed the part. :eek:

Oh my - that could be an amusing thread to start: photos of us from the dim and distant past!
:eek: :eek:

Motokid said:
Can I get a big

UUUUHHHH - RRRAHHHHHH

go boys....go boys...go boys.....

girls just never understand the importance of a good bang.....I mean gunpowder....do they..... :D

hmm.. it's thrilling because of the sounds it makes??

Kenny Shovel said:

No prizes for you Kenny....but you are right in that it's not funny.....

Motokid said:
No prizes for you Kenny....but you are right in that it's not funny.....
You know Motokid, I like that I can never work out what your opinion on something will be before you state it. This is a good thing.

ruby said:
Thats my personnal opinion and proberly a lot of other people as well.

I respect your opinion, ruby, I really do. But if we banned everything that injured or killed one person out of millions, then we would all be living naked in caves. No wait, we wouldn't be living in caves because a rock might fall and injur someone.

Risk goes with living.

Robert said:
No prize. The might of the military can do many good things.
Well it forced my cousin Micky to salute his brother Melvin when they were both in uniform at family weddings. Something he hated doing, and which amused us all. Obviously other, more constructive, examples exist.

Robert said:
Risk goes with living.
I wish I could find a link, but there are annual figures produced for domestic injuries and injuries taken to A&E. They always seem to throw up odd stats; more people are hurt cleaning thier windows than performing circus acts, that sort of thing.

Kenny Shovel said:
You know Motokid, I like that I can never work out what your opinion on something will be before you state it. This is a good thing.

Glad to keep you guessing...and the political ramifications of your post would surely lock this thread....

Robert said:
I respect your opinion, ruby, I really do. But if we banned everything that injured or killed one person out of millions, then we would all be living naked in caves. No wait, we wouldn't be living in caves because a rock might fall and injur someone.

Risk goes with living.
Of course we take risk all the time thats life! But speaking as a parent you do try and take the risk factor away from your kids!

ruby said:
Of course we take risk all the time thats life! But speaking as a parent you do try and take the risk factor away from your kids!

This issue was never about kids was it? It's about fireworks. I never saw anything remotely regarding kids.

Motokid said:
Glad to keep you guessing...
It's not a case of wanting to guess, merely that over a range of subjects I don't get the impression that your opinions belong to a particular political viewpoint, more a case that you think about each issue. Fair play to you for that.

Motokid said:
...and the political ramifications of your post would surely lock this thread....
Yes, I forgot, we're not supposed to make throw away remarks are we....not without millions of these ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ruby said:

No. I will not have my children fear something because of a small measure of risk.

Robert said:
Fireworks are fun, making fireworks creates jobs, and some charities make money from their sales. How much more necessary do they need to be?

To use your tactic on your statement:

We should legalize all drugs. It would create lots of jobs and many people find it fun to use drugs.

Zolipara said:
To use your tactic on your statement:

We should legalize all drugs. It would create lots of jobs and many people find it fun to use drugs.

No, of course not. But drugs create great problems, not small risks.

Back