• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

For fantasy writers

Marcel Admiraal

Going around the web, I found this call for submissions. Apparently it's a new publisher doing a fantasy anthology.

Inceptus Press

I am in no way connected to this. It just looked interesting and since there are a lot of authors here, I thought it might help.

Regards,

Marcel

Thanks for posting that. Sadly, they were unable to go forward, due to lack of good stories. Inceptus Press: Beneath A Violet Moon ... Update

From their post:

So...what was wrong with most of the stories?

1. Authors did not use spelllcheck.

2. Incomplete stories. A LOT of what we received were just scenes from longer works (some authors even told us this). A scene is NOT a story.

3. Rambling/incoherent writing. Even some of the scenes we received were incoherent.

4. Poor writing. Bad sentence structure, no chracterisation, point of view problems, tense problems. These are BASICS and were just some of the problems we encountered.

5. Some people didn't follow the remit. We wanted stories set in a world of the author's imagination. We got a lot of stories that weren't.

We are disappointed that we have had to make this decision, but the book was only ever going to be as good as the material submitted for inclusion. We did not feel there was enough good material to make the book what it deserved to be.

Back