• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Forgotten Fantasy title

ldc242s

Hello. New to the forum.

I read a fantsay book about 12-15 years ago and I remember the story line. It was about a guy that was basically a clutz. Everytime that he tried to partake in anything magical, he stumbled and messed it up. One time he messed up a simple potion becuase he tripped as he was about to pour in the ingredients.
The plot of the story is about a being that came from another "dimemsion" and could change the rules of magic, so everything that worked before would no longer work after the rules were changed.

Well it turned out that the clutz was also able to change the rules of magic, that's whay he could not partake in anything magical and in the end, they were dueling and the clutz got mad and threw the spell book and the opponent and killed it.

Some minor parts of it were that to levitate, you had to have some sort of repetitive motion going on so the master levitator had guys in back running so that he could do his levitation. Another small part was that there was an annual magicians play to show off their magic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not Yet

I don't think that it is Another Fine Myth. But I think that I'm going to read it. I just read The Colour of Magic, and that's not it. Thanks for the help though.

Hi Could it be Secret of the Sixth Magic By Lyndon Hardy which was publish in 1986 :eek: the story sounds like your blurb ie five diffent kinds of magic Thaumaturgy, Alchemy , Magic , Sorcery , Wizardry, each has it own laws which are breaking down every time some dude shows up and the hero is some sort of magical outcast who cant do any of the five magics but is the only one who can understand why all magics are failing

cannot rem any levitation, but at the start of the book there is a event done by a group of sorcerers to show off there skills

Dear Lord!!! I actually read Master of the Five Magics by Lyndon Hardy about 20 years ago. I'm not sure if this is the book or not because I can't recall a single thing about it. I had forgotten all about it until turk182 mentioned it!!!

Back