• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Forgotten title, Help. horror, thriller,general.

gundamgirl

I read a book this book i think about 15 years ago but it could have been less, I've tried to find it online but can't. I thought that it was called something like "la shingo", "le shingo" or the shingo. it was about an american soldier (i think) who had been in vietnam, he might have rescued a vietnamese child. the book is set in the present it has a couple of flashbacks to what happened in the war, there is some sort of spirit, dog type thing after him. at the end he might have meet up with the girl. the book is a sort of horror, thriller type. The book i had was a paperback which had a picture of a skull that took up the whole page on the cover.
Any ideas, please help.

Heather.

Hm, there is one book that comes to my mind but it is not that old. However, it certainly matches your description of what's happening in the book quite well.

Book is called Jinn by Matthew B. J. Delaney published in 2004.

It's actually one of my favorite books and one of the rare books I read in more than 3 languages. :D

Its not Jinn, the book i am looking for is only about the one main character i think. the dog spirit thing is the only supernatural thing in the book, the book is a bit dark when read. I looked at the link you put in for Jinn, it looks like a good book, i will have to see about reading it.
Thanks.
Heather
Hm, there is one book that comes to my mind but it is not that old. However, it certainly matches your description of what's happening in the book quite well.

It's actually one of my favorite books and one of the rare books I read in more than 3 languages. :D

I'm not familiar with that novel, but there was a short story called "Come Dance with Me on my Pony's Grave" by Charles L. Grant about a Vietnam vet who adopted a war orphan and brought him back to live on a ranch. Don't want to give too much away, but it dealt with the supernatural. It was included in an Issac Asimov anthology about ghosts.

Back