• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Francesca Lia Block

scullyx101

she's absolutly amazing. i've read all of her stuff, and i keep reading it over and over, i can't get enough. the lyricism of her writing is incredible, it's just so beautiful, i just want to be one of her characters, live their life. she makes everything seem beautiful. when she writes about things that i wouldn't like in real life, they sound so wonderful in her words. she's magnificent.

i loved her books. i wanna read them again. she's very original. seems to enjoy writing about pretty girls falling apart and being ruined by society :p i wonder if thats a personal stab at someone in high school :D :p

currently i'm reading Weetzie Bat. i dont know if i dont like it b/c its her first book and she hasn't polished her skills yet, or b/c i'm not 12/13 anymore. i dunno, it just seemed to get worse and worse. the only reason i'm finishing it is b/c its under 90 pgs and i dont like stopping midbook.

she's one of my favorite authors. The Weetzie series is the best, and I love the newest edition Necklace of Kisses. I'm probably going to reread the Weetzie books sometime soon.

YES! Everybody I know hated her books. I loved them I read Echo, Weetzie Bat and The Rose and the Beast (and "Violet and Claire" is waiting to be read on my shelf) Her writing style is absoulutly amazing!

Back