• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Frank Herbert, Brian Herbet: Like Father... not really

bob 5000

wow, I got verbal diarrhea today it seems. can't stop posting to this forum. maybe it's the exctiement of my first day..

anyways,
I have a problem: I am a HUGE fan of Frank Herbert's DUNE series (I might have said that the 10th time today) and so obviously, I was at first excited to see his son, Brian, in Co-writing with Kevin J. Anderson continuing the DUNE universe. So I bought the "Butlerian Jihad" all excited to find out how the Bene Gesserit started and to learn more about Dune's past. ugh was I disappointed. I somehow couldn't get into it and reading was really hard. Now I wonder if it is just me or if the books are really that differently (badly?) written.

In another forum people were actually suggesting a petition to ask Brian to stop writing Dune novesl, since they were so bad. So I got some confirmation from there. But I thought I'd ask this bunch here. Any other Dune fanatics that agree/disagree with me?

So you are new, huh?

Before you start a new thread you should probably try the search function to find out if there already exists something about the topic.
Long story short => have a look at this thread.

thx for reminding me. but the tread is quite old, do you really think someone still pokes his head into that one?

either way, next time I will make sure I see if something similar is around.

cheers!

bob

hello rogue,

I just finished reading the DUNE thread and I am sorry to say, that is has very little to do with my topic here. did you read it through? true, brian gets mentioned, but not the way I asked my question. and I'd rather start a new thread on a different topic, than start a different topic and an old thread.

nevertheless, I posted to the old thread... on another topic. let's see what comes of it.

cheers!

bob

I just had a look and saw the guy mentioned.

By the way it doesn't matter if a thread is old. If you post in it, it will pop up with the new posts.

Have fun around here and keep up posting.

Back