• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free Courses

steffee

I've noticed quite a few people are struggling with character development or whatever, in the writers forums, and I just remembered a free course I was enrolled on, once, with Barnes & Noble University.

They have courses under the categories Liberal Arts, such as "writing memoirs" or "writing ficiton" or "understand opera", and Life Improvement, such as "Writing for quick cash" and "the best year of your life with Debbie Ford" and then they have Reading Groups too, including discussions in March on Gilead by Marilynne Robinson and The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.

I hope I haven't broken any of the forum rules by posting this, I just thought the courses might be useful for someone. :)

Other free course providers:
Vision2Learn (though I think this is UK only)
BBC Training Courses - Technical ones
BBC Courses - non-technical, such as cookery, gardening, first aid and being confident

Back