• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free Market Revolution

When I write part 3 of my review, I will be discussing her morality then so that you can have an actual idea of just what it actually does entail.

Make sure you explain how you personally gain in terms of selfishness.

Absolutely.

And to be even more clear, what you said before is what you said I claimed, I merely agree with his claim. I wasnt making a claim myself..

Oh dear... I better address that major flaw in my argument

Yaron Brook seems to think that by pressing the button the nasty foreign power disappears in a puff of smoke causing no trouble to US citizens at Home - and you agree with Yaron Brook...

Thanks for linking to that excellent article of Ghate's.

Glad to oblige.

Here's another excellent article:

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2009/july22/hellman-nuclear-analysis-071709.html

Sure. It would be my pleasure. Allow me time to prepare the third part of my review in order to. Until then, see you around the forum.

I see you've posted a new review of a different book, I don't think I'll be waiting much longer Mr A...

Bob,

I definitely have not forgotten about you. The reason why I am posting a review of Tara Smith's book, http://www.bookandreader.com/forums/f6/ayn-rands-normative-ethics-the-virtuous-egoist-24530.html , is to show exactly why selfishness (self-interest) is beneficial in ones life. After I review the seven virtues this should become apparent and then I will be able to return to this books review in order to show how Rands morality of selfishness is beneficial when unleashed in the free market this book largely deals with. I want to establish just what Rands morality entails and how selfishness is beneficial in ones own life and in ones own life in the free market.

Dont let me hold you up, man. If you really are genuinely interested in just how beneficial selfishness is in a persons life, then by all means read the books for yourself, if you cant wait.

Bob,

I definitely have not forgotten about you. The reason why I am posting a review of Tara Smith's book, http://www.bookandreader.com/forums/f6/ayn-rands-normative-ethics-the-virtuous-egoist-24530.html , is to show exactly why selfishness (self-interest) is beneficial in ones life. After I review the seven virtues this should become apparent and then I will be able to return to this books review in order to show how Rands morality of selfishness is beneficial when unleashed in the free market this book largely deals with. I want to establish just what Rands morality entails and how selfishness is beneficial in ones own life and in ones own life in the free market.

I presume Tara Smith got paid for her book.

Dont let me hold you up, man. If you really are genuinely interested in just how beneficial selfishness is in a persons life, then by all means read the books for yourself, if you cant wait.

Never say never but I would be lying if I said they were top of my reading list.

Last night I was having a few drinks at a local wine bar. It's a hip place, modern decor, has a portrait of Marilyn Monroe's eyes, nose, mouth and beauty mark painted on one wall, a framed silhouette of two women making out on another wall, and yet another framed silhouette of two men making out hanging on yet another wall. It's owned by a French expat, frequented by the well dressed hip and artsy.

No, Polly, there's no need to move this post. It's not off topic.

Some guy with eyebrows right on top of his beady eyes, a three-day growth of beard and a 20 pound backpack, obviously out of place, came in and made me slightly uncomfortable just by his presence. He began talking loudly to another patron, and then louder still until he was literally yelling. What does he pull out of his backpack and start waving around for everyone to see?

Atlas Shrugged. I kid you not.

I fail to see any humor at all in it, certainly not enough to roll on the floor laughing about it. What is so funny to you to about this?

Were you at all able to hear anything he said, or allegedly was yelling about? Or what others said or did there?

You don't see any humor in a hobo with a 20 pound back pack in a hip wine bar in a hip neighborhood ranting and raving while waving around a copy of Atlas Shrugged? The only way it could have been funnier is if he had a Romney/Ryan bumper sticker on his soiled back pack.

Well, let me put it this way. It's funnier than Hank Rearden ladling out soup and wishing everyone in the soup line a Merry Christmas.

BTW, I deliberately avoided any mention of his specific words because, and I swear it, it sounded like he said he worked as a printer and printed the very book he was waving around. Didn't make any sense at all and I had only had five or six, possibly seven or eight at the most, glasses of New Zealand Reisling at the time. Christ, that stuff tastes like petroleum. But I can't help it, the guy behind the bar pours it as soon as I walk in the door and I don't want to hurt his feelings by ordering something else.

:rofl: I wish I could have been there, Hugh.

I need to make it out to San Diego so I can hang out with Hugh.

I fail to see any humor at all in it, certainly not enough to roll on the floor laughing about it. What is so funny to you to about this?

Were you at all able to hear anything he said, or allegedly was yelling about? Or what others said or did there?

Mr. A: I think maybe some people aren't quite as serious minded as you seem to be - they are just injecting a bit of levity to lighten things up - at least that's how I see it. :)

"Good evening. Tonight on "It's the Mind", we examine the phenomenon of déjà vu, that strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before, that what is happening now has already happened tonight on "It's the Mind" we examine the phenomenon of déjà vu, that strange feeling we sometimes get that we've.."

Back