• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free Rice

claybugg

If you're bored, waste some time here:
http://www.freerice.com/

For every word you get right, the site donates 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program. I know it sounds too good to be true, but I've checked it out and it's legit. It's paid for by the ads on the site.

Since nothing in this world is for free, I looked and saw that this rice is paid for by the advertising. I'm not looking at the advertising so will The Man find out and recall my 120 grains of rice?

Come on you lumps....I've got a level of 37 for you to beat....and a grain count of over 3600 in one sitting.

(I've done multiple sittings today....)

The highest level is 50....but getting there without cheating.....

It's so sad; for every incorrect word, 20 grains of rice are taken from the starving children of the world. :( - - - j/k

I'm pretty surprised that a forum full of readers is not turning this into a fun little competition.

Who can achieve the highest level of sustained vocabulary skills along with the highest grain count?

I played to 2000 and had a high score of 49.

Well, my high-scoring daughter and I were playing at adjacent computers, boosting each others scores...It was pretty dang fun really and giving rice too-wow. :cool:

I've been playing boggle at boggled.org for the last couple of weeks and no rice was given whatsoever.

Only as described above-astronomically inclined daughter nearby. I gave her a few old lady words, so it was mutual cheating.

I heard a news story about this site. That it started out as a way to expand the vocabularies of the man's two children. With its popularity they have decided soon to expand the word pool with more advanced words. I heard it on PBS but don't recall which program, darn it. KQED.

I cheated: I had my Danish partner sitting next me. Together we played to 740 and reached 49.

I am confident we are going to bump up the donation level some time soon (probably not the vocab level, though).

Back