• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Friend" feature

SeoulMan

What does this feature do for me? How is it beneficial? I'm not quite getting what being a "friend" to someone actually does.

I was asking because goatgoatgoat asked me to be her friend and I don't know what this means. I mean...should I be goatgoatgoat's friend?

Seriously, I want to know about this "friend" feature.

One thing it does is at the bottom of the main forum screen, it puts a + sign by the people that are currently online that are your friends. Also, you can set up your profile so that, aside from admins, only your friends can PM or email you.

You can be goatgoatgoat's friend if you want to. If you say no, nobody will hate you. Except maybe goatgoatgoat.:p

Hold on and I'll get a screen shot.

Edit: None of my friends are on right now.

All it really does is at the bottom of the main forum screen, it puts a + sign by the people that are currently online that are your friends.

I don't see this as a benefit, actually. I rarely look down below at the "Who's online" section and I may not even care. LOL!

I edited my post. You have the ability to set up your profile so that only admins and friends can contact you. Some people like the privacy that gives them.

I edited my post. You have the ability to set up your profile so that only admins and friends can contact you. Some people like the privacy that gives them.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the info.

Upon further thought, I really don't see how I achieve more privacy since everyone here is a stranger to me, and when I accept friendships with posters here, it's like rolling dice. LOL!

But I understand now. Thank you!

Yeah, I don't get it either but some people will register on a site and make it so that members are unable to contact them then just lurk. Weird.

Back