• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

From Film to Book...

DorianGray

I generally think that books are better than films that they influence. Usually because there is more chance to develop characters and plot and what have you.

Is there any film that you really wish you could read the book of?

I watched 'Good Will Hunting' recently and I really wished that it had been a book I could have read. The film was written by the two main actors in it, I forget their names, but I'm sure they are never going to decide to become authors. I think it would make a really good read though. I would have loved to have known more about the characters and maybe something extra added onto the end.

matt damon and ben affleck wrote "Good Will Hunting" and i cant think of any film i would like to read...just doesnt work for me cant think of any

Yossarian89 said:
matt damon and ben affleck wrote "Good Will Hunting" and i cant think of any film i would like to read...just doesnt work for me cant think of any

Yes, thats who it was. I totally forgot their names.

Reading screenplays can add to movie experiences. Even if the movie is based on a book, I like reading the screenplay too. The directions, for example, sometimes give insights.

Mari said:
Reading screenplays can add to movie experiences. Even if the movie is based on a book, I like reading the screenplay too. The directions, for example, sometimes give insights.

Hmmm.. doesn't work for me. Don't know why - I've tried loads of times to read screenplays.

Wouldn't mind reading Magnolia, if there's a book of it.

Back